1. KatieValino

KatieValino Member

Hey guys :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KatieValino, Feb 24, 2014.

Hi, my name is Kate and I am completely new to the whole writing forum thing. Please do not bite (too hard at least). I hope to get to know you guys :)

2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Hey there, Kate. Welcome.

The only 'biting' that goes on tends to take place in the Debate Room. It was specifically set up so touchy subjects could be debated, without the fallout seeping into other areas of the forums. :D Debates can get a bit heated. Away from there, you'll find most topics are dealt with in a pleasant, self-expressive, and often informative way.

There's a good sense of community here, lots of knowledgeable and helpful people who are pleased to offer their opinions and give a sometimes much needed perspective on our work.

Jump in, post, and let us all get to know you. It doesn't take as long as you might imagine, even with the large member base we have here. We tend to arrive in shifts too. You'll see me around more than some, just because we inhabit the same time zone.

Our moderators are great too. Any queries beyond those in the FAQ and Information sections, they'll only be too happy to answer for you.

So, all that said, I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to seeing you around.

t.c. (That's my name... not an abbreviation for 'take care' as some have previously thought. ;))

3. KatieValino

KatieValino Member

Thank you for such a lovely response.

I actually used to run a forum like this (not a writing one) and I indeed know how heated the debates can get!

I look forward to integrating in the community, already got some questions to ask everyone as a whole, been reading as much as I can too, really interesting topics and very insightful responses so I am really excited :D

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.