1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Difficulty posting to the Writing Workshop

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wreybies, Nov 28, 2013.

A few members have been experiencing a recent glitch where the Workshop isn't giving them the 'Create a New Thread' button and these members have met their requirements. Instead they get a message that they don't have permission to post in that area. If this is happening to you, please do the following:

1. First try reentering the Workshop and try posting again. Leaving and reentering usually clears up the matter.
    2. Even if this clears the matter, please either post in this thread or PM me and let me know when you experienced the glitch. The more exact the time, the better.
    3. If it doesn't clear up the matter and you know your requirements are sorted, please send me a PM (conversation). I can and will help you get your thread up and running.

;)
    Wrey

2. Delise

Delise Member

Thank you Wrey. Please help me out. I pm'd you.

3. Wreybies

Just bumping this thread since the glitch is acting up. No one's privileges have been maliciously or insouciantly revoked. It's a glitch! If you need to post a new thread in the Workshop and your critiques are in line, just Pm a mod. WE CAN HELP YOU.

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

@Wordhacker, I know you are having problems. I've been unable to reply to your messages, sorry.

5. Wreybies

Um, yes, this is a bump. Mod privilege. ;) Please know that if the glitch is affecting you, we're here to help. Just point one of the mods to your two latest critiques and we can help you get your thread up and running. :cool:

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

If you are experiencing this, please PM me or post in this thread or a thread in the support section if you are certain you've met all of the requirements.

I'm still unsure how common this is, but I'm looking into it. The more information I can gather, the faster this can get fixed.

7. MattyDean

MattyDean Active Member

It's happened to me a few times. Leaving and re-entering didn't help, but posting a few things in other sections did. The problem persisted for a few days no matter how often I logged in or out, but just a few postings seemed to get me my old permissions back.
    I don't know if this helps you guys diagnose the glitch any better, and maybe I've correlated something that was just an odd coincidence, but that's my experience with the issue =)

8. Trev_Star

Trev_Star Member

Hmm, seems to be happening to me too. I was literally in the middle of posting and when I went to click a preview, I got the error message. Will keep trying.

9. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

If you can't get it to work just send a PM to me or another of the moderators and we'll help you out. :)

10. MattyDean

MattyDean Active Member

I'm getting the 'Insufficient privileges to post' error again. Not sure why this happens every few weeks. Will PM one of you moderator folks, however, just wanted to leave a not that this bug persists.

11. ToBeInspired

ToBeInspired Senior Member

Edit: No longer a problem.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015