1. Aleatz

Aleatz New Member

The trail of brownies has done it again...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aleatz, Jun 2, 2007.

Yep, I followed them again and it led me here. Hi all. My name is Reo, but you can call me Aleatz ;)

As you've probably noticed by my avatar I'm an anime fan. Sadly in Australia anime is hard to come by, but I make do XD I live in Sydney, to be specific (perhaps the most recognisable cities in Aus).

English has never been my best subject, but I've improved a fair bit recently. I started getting into internet writing through Fanfiction.net, and I've continued since then to Fictionpress and Writing.com. But I'm a musician at heart. I play the piano, flute and french horn, and I've written several compositions. I love a variety of music styles, so please don't ask me what my favourite is or I'll never shut up XD

One of the main reasons I've taken to writing narratives is because I want to improve and I want to create a work of art which people will remember me by. That is probably my dream in life. Most people won’t know Beethoven's personal details, but they do know the tunes of some of his pieces.

But I have so many stories in my head, kinda like little movies going on constantly before I go to sleep and while I'm commuting XD I want to share them with people, so that's the other reason why I do what I do. I'm certain that's why most people write stories. People what their ideas to be heard.

So yep. There’s me in an extremely large nutshell. Hopefully I’ll be an active member here and I’ll get to know a lot of you better ;)

2. sweetlilac

sweetlilac New Member

hi

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Aleatz

Aleatz New Member

Not much feedback I see... Thanks for the welcome anyway.

4. *water*sprite*

*water*sprite* New Member

Hi there, don't let the non posted welcome get to you. People here will love you.
    (I'm an anime fan and also on fanfic.net)
    You can talk to me anytime, just send a msg. :)

Happy Posting!

-T3h WaSp has sp0k3n

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well a mighty big welcome to you from Western Australia then.
    It's always nice to have more Aussie's around the place, especially another anime fan aswell. Although I just admire the artworks (I can't draw), but a dear friend of mine is right into that side of it so I get to enjoy it all with her anyways and yes anime is hard to get a hold of here in Aus.

Well look forward to seeing you around the board. Anyways enjoy your time here and if you have anything you'd like reviewing or any questions, feel free to ask.

~Torana

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there.
    Hopefully we can help make your dream come true. Ask any questions that might come up and we'll try to answer them. Some of the answers may even be correct.
    Cheers

7. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Oh, welcome. I'm new, too. However, I am also an anime fan, and I'm a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist. I do like your avatar. Have fun here.

I'm a fanfiction.net author myself. My alias is Kikyophobia. I'm not sure if I've seen you around there or not. Then again, it's a pretty big site.

8. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I'll leave the anime to you but wish you a warm welcome nevertheless, feedback sometimes takes a while, but it comes in the end, don't be afraid to ask for feedback / review / crit but do it nicely! Welcome to the site!

9. Aleatz

Aleatz New Member

I had a feeling they'd be some FF.net members. It is a big site, so it's no wonder I haven't come across any of you.

Of course they will ;) *Modesty flies out window*

Wow, another Aussie! *Ties you up so you can't escape* >: D

I have a friend a lot like yours, only I'm the one who got them into anime. My artistic skills are, minimal... to say the least XD

And yeah, everyone in the US is extremely fortunate when it comes to getting anime. I've only found 4 shops which sell it. Two of those have now stopped selling it, and the other two only sell a small amount (basically just Spirited Away and a few other Ghibli movies). And to add to that, almost none of the DVD rental shops in my area stock anime. Thankfully FMA is on Adult Swim now. I haven't actually seen the whole series, just the movie and a few episodes here and there. I've read the manga to volume 72 online, so that's how I got into it.

That's reassuring XD And I'd like to make my dream come true. I reckon it'd leave me with a good feeling.

You like my avatar? I made it myself ;) That's another thing I didn't mention in the first post, I'm into graphic art. I can't draw in real life, so it's a nifty substitute. I'd have put the matching banner in my signature, but this place won't let me.

I'll check you out on FF when I log on again. My name there is Aleatz too. I haven't been on FF.net for ages, so most of my stuff there will probably need a lot of work XD

Thanks. Feedback takes some time in most places. It's hard to be seen unless you advertise your stuff in your signature in various places. And I always review nicely XD Sometimes I have a tendency to nibble at the bad points to the point where I'm sure the author is regretting ever writing what I'm reviewing, but those times are few and far between.

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Aleatz, and welcome,

I see from your introduction that you have been bitten by the creative bug in diverse ways. I hope - no, stronger than that, I believe - that these creative drives will blend. I'll wager each drawing tells a story, each song paints colors, and each story has a musical rhythm. I look forwartd to seeing your writing to see if I am correct.

I used to hate English in classrooms. But so much can be stifled by teachers and mandatory curriculums. You have the desire to create, to improve your writing. Therefore you will. Whatever you put into it, you will profit from inreturn.

Hsvr fun, snd I'll see you around.

11. Aleatz

Aleatz New Member

Wow, that's a mouthful XD I couldn't help but agree with you though. My music is often inspired by the stories I come up with. There are some songs I've even titled as character themes.

Well, when I submit some of my stuff on here you can see if you're correct. I doubt whether my story can paint pictures or make music though XD Imagery is one of those things I need to get my head around.

I have a feeling I'll improve. I've read some of my old works and I've compared them to recent stuff and there's big difference. I find my school is very good when it comes to English, and there's a fair bit of variety in the curriculum. My recent English teacher was always good in allowing personal inspiration and interpretation to take place. I feel very free in class.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have to get my current work up so you can rip me to shreds XD

12. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Heya! Good introduction. It's great to see you here. While I'm not an anime fan personally, I'm sure we'll get along just fine. :p

Welcome!

13. Raven

Raven Banned

welcome

14. Aleatz

Aleatz New Member

Introductions are your 'first impression' so to speak, so I always like to start out strong. Introduction topics where people don't say much about themselves are usually quiet boring. You shouldn't have to force people to tell you about themselves, but in some of the forums I go to it happens a lot.

Meh, I don't expect everyone to be an anime fan. As long as you give me brownies I'll treat you like royalty ;)

15. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Oh don't tie me up too tight or I won't be able to review anyone's work ^ ^ or enjoy my holiday (which I am currently taking a break from :D)