1. kaybarton

kaybarton New Member

Well the stories start coming and they don't stop...seriously, I need to finish.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kaybarton, Jan 27, 2019.

Hello all! It is I, Kay, your new non-binary friend who hasn't actually finished anything except a handful of short stories...in high school...I'm twenty-six as of Jan 22. It's a problem. I'm a Qucksilver cosplayer, a Rennie, and the loving parent of two cats, two beta fish, and...I don't know how many hermit crabs right now because they're all hibernating except my most dweebus son, Lucifer. I guess the fires of hell keep him warm enough in the winter months? Anyway, come late spring I'll be able to give you a better idea of who is and who isn't alive still. No more than 7 hermie babies though.

I am here because I need to figure out how to plot a freaken ending. Endings are cool. Endings mean you can publish. I would say I'm all over the map concerning genre but at the heart of all of them is a romance because LBR, 95% of my reading has been fan fictions related to my ships.

For original works there's been time travel; three historical pieces: one set during the French revolution of 1792, one set during the American Revolution, and one set in Victorian England shortly before Jack the Ripper; three different fantasy pieces: one paranormal romance, one inspired by what vague knowledge I have of Game of Thrones, and one involving a trans character; a couple of modern era pieces involving werewolves or magic...or the one was inspired by The Yellow Wallpaper; a steampunk piece; a cyberpunk piece; a sci-fi piece different from the cyberpunk piece.

For fan fictions I tend to keep to crossovers but I do also like asking the question "what if (insert main character here) had a twin" or "what if (insert main character over the age of 40 here) had a child (that isn't already part of canon if said character already has a child in canon)?" Also the one outlier that's called "This knight from Faire uses the last name Winchester, what happens if I took some of the cast and made them hunters in Supernatural but not have Winchester related to the Winchesters?" Which yes, is technically a crossover but it's a crossover involving improvise theatre instead of another tv show/movie/book/comic and normally I don't touch live/improvise theatre.

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @kaybarton, and welcome from a windy UK.

Sounds like you have already racked up a shed-load of written work, looking forward to seeing what ya got!

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi! Welcome to the forum from, as @Hammer put it, from the 'windy (and freezing) UK' - specifically Scotland. :)

Judging from the tone of your post, you sound like an interesting and lively writer who has already got style. Look forward to more interactions. By 'plot an ending' do you mean an ending for one particular story? Or you haven't ended any of the ones you've written thus far? :eek:

4. kaybarton

kaybarton New Member

I have ended approximately three of the stories I've listed above. Although one is more of a "finished but with the obvious potential for further stories."

jannert likes this.
  5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Endings, hmmm... One story, I started with the ending (I first conceived the story as they found what they were searching for), and worked backwards til I knew how it began. The other, I imagined the most outlandish ridiculous ending, the most boring, then possibilities in between. Outlandish turned out to make more sense! Go figure. o_O