1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Anthropomorphic Novels

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by MilesTro, Dec 4, 2012.

One of anthropomorphic books I know is Iron Claw: The Novel, Mouse Guard, and The Moreau Series. Do you know anymore, like books with animals characters; not from children's books. They can be furry novels for all I care. Werewolf books do not count; read my other thread. I think books like Roger Rabbits can also be interesting. They can be fantasy or science fiction.

How about books with humanoid animal characters like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

There is also Redwall and Warriors.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Have you read the graphic novel Maus by Art Spiegelman? I read it recently and really enjoyed it.

There's also Animal Farm by George Orwell.

3. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

Watership Down

4. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    How about the Red Wall Series?

5. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

I read a graphic book of Red Wall.

6. cmshepard

cmshepard New Member

Sadly this was one of my favorite books as a child... That's not so sad, the fact that it still is may be.

I read one when I was twelve - I was in Australia with my aunt, and that's where I bought it so maybe the author is Australian. I was on a buying only Australian books kick while I was there. The front cover had a massive deer or elk on it and I want to say the name was Firestarter... I could be mistaken, but I've been searching for it since I lost it a year later. Now I can't even really remember anything about it, only that it reminded me of Watership Down.

**I just wanted to add that it wasn't on the typical twelve-year-old's reading level. I've always read... A lot... And it was an adult book. Didn't want to discourage you if you found it.

Fire Bringer is the name! I just found it after a few rephrased searches.