Tags:
  1. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

Man Turns Into A Cat story.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Bobby Burrows, Apr 11, 2019.

Yesterday on my way home, I befriended a cat, was real friendly and playful.
    Sucker bit me.
    In a friendly cat aroused way.
    Of course I disinfected the tiny tiny deep wound that didn't bleed out thankful this is the UK and we don't have rabies.
    Cat bites can be nasty.
    So anyway, disinfected and everything, it inspired me to write a story about a man who befriends a cat on his way home, gets bitten, then begins to turn into a cat.

Maybe make that cat some magical cat goddess or something, it was a she cat.

2. EBohio

EBohio Banned

I already saw the movie. "Cat People". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_People_(1982_film)

3. Bobby Burrows

I'm thinking....

House Cat version of American Werewolf in London.
    My friend, when I told them about it making me want to write this story, said
    'like The Fly'.
    I haven't really seen that, so IDK how that plot goes, I've seen The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror have Bart Simpson get mixed with a fly, but I'm thinking American Werewolf in London as a starting point.

4. Bobby Burrows

I've heard of that, might have seen bits of it when it aired on TV growing up, but, I haven't actually seen that movie yet.
    I assume it's like Werewolf in London but for big cat people instead.
    The scenes I did catch of this movie was very cool.

5. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Or maybe it was the love-bite that turned a human into her prince. A story that's meant for cats.
    Kidding aside, this sounds like an interesting premise.

Merley and Cave Troll like this.
  6. Bobby Burrows

You mean, I was a cat, but now I'm a human and she made me human and I've always thought I was a human, but I'm a cat?

I'm gonna write it.

Intangible Girl and Malisky like this.
  7. Bobby Burrows

Wait, now I just got it.

8. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

You confuse me. :p
    Oh, if I had a tail...

Bobby Burrows likes this.
  9. Bobby Burrows

I did say to the little friendly she cat
    'I'm a human, you're a cat, this wouldn't work '
    joking to myself as I wondered if it was in heat.
    Also, the cat kept on doing the ultimate with me, kept laying on its back so I could see its belly, but I knew that was a sign of cat trust and if I rubbed it, it wouldn't like it, so I didn't, sucker all aroused and tail swishing bit me as it let me pet it.
    It caught my eye as it dashed across the street and behind a parked car and I wondered if it was a kitten who perhaps wasn't aware of traffic yet, so I called it off the road and on to the pavement/sidewalk and saw that it wasn't a stray and said hello/befriended it/stopped to pet it on my way home. Playful friendly cat, but how cats can get aroused/over stimulated, that's how this cat was, from when I saw it run out at me and it bit me.

AND OMG, now that I think about it, another black cat did cross my path moments before on my way home too around the corner from that, and, it crossed right in front of me and into the road.
    That made me think of that old wives tale too, then I met that she cat who bit me.

What a story inspiring walk home that was.

I'm going to add that black cat as being something mystical too in my story, as a black cat did cross my path on that walk home too before this happened, and that was so cliché it really did make me stop and think, even for a split second.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Merley and Malisky like this.
  10. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

Reminds me of the Studio Ghibli film, The Cat Returns: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0347618/

Malisky likes this.
  11. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Reminded me of this.

Malisky and Cave Troll like this.
  12. Bobby Burrows

I could write a story about a nice she cat house cat goddess cat that falls for a deluded cat and gives him his delusion of being human, but he isn't aware it's all her spell and thinks she was just some nice house cat he befriended on his way home from the shops buying groceries who playfully bit him and finds he has to work and do things with his life, but he's a cat man, he sleeps a lot, eats, and smokes pot in loo of a catnip toy, and stretches a lot.
    She turns a deluded cat into a human.
    I could write something like that.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  13. EBohio

EBohio Banned

You could if you are good at similes and metaphors for human behavior. There was a guy that wrote a book, "My Dog Is A Democrat". Pretty funny.

14. Bobby Burrows

Well, I guess I'm wondering, would people believe a cat would ever genuinely believe it's a human?
    Like, everything else seems easy, but the part about the deluded cat who thinks it's a human.

15. Bobby Burrows

I wonder if I could (sure, why not), write two stories, but use the same she cat, same bite, but, have one story be the story of a man who got bit and turns into a cat because the cat was a cat goddess who took a liking to him.
    And,
    cat gets turned into a human instantaneously to be taught a cat lesson by cat goddess.

I'd also keep the same black tom cat who crossed my path just before on that walk, and have him be like some mystical force of the universe/and or the cat the human was and when it crossed his path, that was himself seeing himself run away from him.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Malisky likes this.
  16. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Again, if you have good insight about human and cat behavior this could be pretty good. My cat thought she was human. Another cat in the house thought she was a dog and followed the Min. Pinscher everywhere and tried to imitate him.

Bobby Burrows likes this.
  17. Reece

Reece Senior Member

Not relevant to thread, but rabies isn't what you need to watch out for with cat bites.

Side note, who sings while chewing gum? I want to time travel back to the 70s and smack him in the mouth.

18. Partridge

Partridge Senior Member

Bobby Burrows and EBohio like this.
  19. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Actually, I think there are more examples from the movies and I'm sure novels. I never saw this show here in the States.

[[There is a good example of anthropomorphism from the article, anthropomorphism will be required as I stated in one of my posts to pull it off: The Cat is obsessed with his own superficial attractiveness and has an enormous and flamboyant wardrobe, which he couples with an obsession with his reflection and a penchant for preening.[33] He has been described as "a vain, preening fashion plate who resembles James Brown with fangs",[34] and Danny John-Jules has described the character of Cat as based on a combination of Little Richard's look, James Brown's moves and Richard Pryor's facial expressions.[35] When auditioning for the show John-Jules attended the audition in character, wearing his father's wedding suit, which he described as a "zoot suit".[36] In order to understand the role, John-Jules studied the 1986 book Catwatching by Desmond Morris, learning, among other things, not to blink while in character.[37]]]

Good pickup about cats not blinking that much.

20. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Cat Scratch Fever could most definitely be a part of his story if he wanted. A guy could get cat scratch fever and while in a fever coma "have a dream" where he thinks he is really a cat and doesn't discover he isn't until he recovers from the cat scratch fever.

Reece likes this.