1. Darker Rarechild

Darker Rarechild New Member

Writers Market?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Darker Rarechild, Jan 2, 2009.

Hmmm, I have done quite a few searches, but didn't seem to turn up what I was looking for. I've tried to find a place to post this question, and this seems to be the only place it might fit. I could be wrong though, and if I am, please kindly move or delete my thread. Thank you! :)

I've been looking to buy Writers Market and the other books in that series as well for a bit of time now, but I have a question and that question is this:

The 2009 ed. of the writers market and other books are out, but in 6 months time, the 2010 ed. will be released, rendering the 09 ed. somewhat obsolete. Now, I hear that by the time those manuals are released, they are not current anyways, and you have to do some researching of your own to even find out if said publisher or whatever is still accepting submissions and what kind.

So since you still have to do the searching anyways, would it be the same if I bought the 2008 editions, which wouldn't hit my wallet as hard, and still yield the same results for the 6 months until the 2010 ones come out, or is buying the 2009 ones until the 2010 ones come out a better investment?

Any and all thoughts on this are welcomed.

Thank you,

Darker

:)

2. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

I've checked and rechecked publishers' websites. Some of them haven't changed their guidelines for years. If you're interested in books, you might as well buy the 08 edition, but also check the websites they list just to be sure.

3. Darker Rarechild

Darker Rarechild New Member

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :)

4. nat

nat New Member

Something else to consider is going to the public library and taking a look at the 09 edition there. It's a reference book, so you won't be able to check it out, but if you have an afternoon and a pad of paper, you can make good use of it.