What are you doing?..continued

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big soft moose, Sep 24, 2021.

1. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

I'm wondering if grocery stores are using produce as loss leaders nowadays. Some of the ones near me have pre-pandemic pricing on produce while everything else is rising.

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Back stock vs front stock, usually. Just like cocaine, everyone is tied to the re-up. From storefront, to distributor, to vendor, to producer, it all depends where you're at in the supply chain. In wholesale, they're usually a maximum of two weeks apart.

Seven Crowns and EFMingo like this.
  3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Switch to yakiniku and dispense with vegables (sic) entirely.

4. EFMingo

I have finally packed for my work trip to North Carolina. Huge pain to transfer all my tools to a shippable toolbox, but weekend overtime is just extra cash on hand. I'm pretty excited, though I know I have some difficult calls when I get there. Going to be a busy week. I fly out at 6am tomorrow.

Homer Potvin likes this.
  5. Homer Potvin

Getting ready to head to my house in NH tomorrow. Week off for me. Anyone who calls me gets fired. Unless something really important/tragic happens. Then they get fired if they don't call me. I live for these little games.

6. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Aren't you the same guy who can't find enough people to fill all the positions that need to be filled? ;)

EFMingo likes this.
  7. Homer Potvin

Workers, yes, but I've stockpiled managers and have their backups trained and ready to go. Layers... like nachos!

Catriona Grace likes this.
  8. Vince Higgins

Vince Higgins Curmudgeon. Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Caltrans-Detention Basins Design Guide
    I worked for fifteen years while taking the occasional community college class, then went full time to university from age 35-38. You will not be that out of place. There were several people in my program my age, give or take. Some of the younger ones will actually look up to you for your life's wisdom. Others will not.

9. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I decided to have a look at what Steam had in way of VR-supported driving games. They had Dirt Rally 2 for £4.94 so I thought what the hell and bought it... 109GB... estimated download time, 5 hrs !!!

EFMingo likes this.
  10. OurJud

Best five-quid I ever spent! I think it’s quite an old game now, which probably explains its price, but in VR it’s still quite uncanny!

11. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Questioning the sanity of humanity. We’re already FUBAR’d, we just don’t know it yet.

12. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Contest Winner 2022

Found some semolina flour in my pantry that I'd forgotten about so I'm making pasta because why not?

Not the Territory and EFMingo like this.
  13. OurJud

Watching a live stream from Big Jet TV. It’s a guy in a field, filming all the windy landings at Heathrow. Everyone’s waiting for a crash, but no one dare say so.

14. Catriona Grace

I am contemplating another day in the museum. I like my museum and am happy to work there, but I don't like the process of getting ready to go to work. If I could spring fully armored from bed every morning it would make it considerably easier to cope with the world before 10:00 a.m.

OurJud likes this.
  15. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

I’m sitting at work. All of my end o’ the week paperwork is done, my purchase orders are in, and all my daily cleaning chores are done. So I’m basically doing nothing. I’ve been here for three hours; seven more to go.

Homer Potvin likes this.
  16. Homer Potvin

I envy your paperwork and purchase order completion as I sit at my desk and pore over 567 invoices from month-end January. That is an exact number according to quickbooks. More than half of them (3 of 6 restaurants) were coded on the front end by me, so those don't need to deep a review. But the rest of my knuckleheads? Serenity now!

Seven Crowns likes this.
  17. Catriona Grace

Hoping I'm not catching my daughter's cold. It's my first free weekend in months, and I don't want to spend it with a box of tissues and a bottle of Dayquil. Also, my writers group meets on Monday, I've only been able to go once in the last several months, and I can't go if I get sick.

Whine. Grouse. Whimper.

Seven Crowns likes this.
  18. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

You’re looking for the wrong bottle.

19. Catriona Grace

I already hit the Nightquil.

Oh, you mean the dusty bottle in the lower cupboard?

20. OurJud

I’m dad-sitting this weekend while my sister and her fella are taking a break, as he’s not great on his legs nowadays (which is why he lives here). I packed a bag with my new collection of WCW poetry, and my new Moleskine Expanded notebook as I except to be quite bored while he’s watching shitty soap operas all night, and hoped said boredom would encourage some reading / writing... and then I realise when I’m two minutes from arriving that I left said bag on my kitchen table! I can of course do all the above at home, but I won’t because there are too many distractions there.

EFMingo likes this.
  21. EFMingo

I'm currently studying up for the law school acceptance test. Finally making the jump over to the legal side that I've been thinking of doing for many years. I'm sure I'll pass this test, but going to law school while doing my current job is going to be a stretch. Did two English degrees while working, but this one is a bit different. We shall see.

AntPoems and Homer Potvin like this.
  22. Homer Potvin

Pulling all Stoli products from my bars. It might not be made in Russia, but it's partially owned by Russians and says "Russian Vodka" on the label. Mixing politics and business is one thing; war is something else.

Not sure what I'm going to do with 50-some bottles of mixed Stoli flavors, though. Probably bury it into batches where I can. It's not that expensive comparatively. Standing up for what's right is one thing; going broke over it is something else.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  23. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

take it home and drink it... you can look at it that you are converting russian sprits into urine

Set2Stun and Homer Potvin like this.
  24. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Or sell it with that as a slogan on the bar?

Homer Potvin likes this.
  25. Homer Potvin

Blah. I hate vodka. One of the few categorical boozes I can't riff with.

EFMingo likes this.