What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

You could try adding a dollop or two of butter. It won't necessarily kill the acid, but it does give it a better mouth feel that kinda cuts the way the acid is perceived.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Mangia Bene!

Carly Berg likes this.
  3. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

Yep, that's the one. Mine had a very tall sissy bar on the back, one you could lean back on, to double all the beautiful girls I was too afraid and messed up to approach.

Iain Aschendale and Cave Troll like this.
  4. Xander17

Been a while. Hello to all. Still might be a while before I get back into it. It's mid afternoon and can hardly keep my eyes open, lids have transmutated into lead.

For a week or so, upgraded to 2 rides a day, 12km runs at 38mins each.
    Decided to do 3 on saturday, felt good after the last ride, but could only manage a morning ride on sunday, and it's now monday arvie, and I'm still a tired and sore mess after my slow ride this morning, and won't be doing another.

Obviously 3 rides a day is too much at the mo, so going back to 2.

When not fatigued and sore from overdoing it, I'm feeling more energised and enthused. I can now easily edit a chapter a day, and 2 if I wanted to. The final edit will be done by the end of the month, then will focus on publishers in Dec.
    The old mind is firing on all cylinders instead of feeling like a low-grade nuclear reaction.

Top speed with a tailwind the other day 48kph...woo!
    Slowest speed on a flat with headwind, same day, a painful 20kph, when I can usually and easily do 35.

Will have the bike paid out by next pension day, before the 62 days interest free period expires...learnt my lesson after decades of horrendous money management.
    Purchasing a thicker seat and a suspension seatpost...all up, under $150 from an aussie online bike shop.
    Plus me current chainring is 22-30-40, the shop I bought me bike from is posting me a 26-36-48 set with cheap crank pulley..all up under $100. Should be able to pull 60kph with that setup.

That's all the upgrades I require to do some long road jaunts, and once the fitness reaches a decent level, it's off to Derby for the dirt rides. Derby is going all out, with their limited budget of course, to make their tiny little village the place to go for MTBing in the top end of Tassie.

It's a 40 minute drive from home, so budget wise I can only go once a week. Costs me over $100 to fill me ute up and that's a quarter of my weekly wage, thus I try to make a tank last around 3 weeks.

All in all, apart from reasonable amount of suffering these last 2 days, I'm having a great time committed to building up my health and fitness.
    So far, shed 3.5 kilos and just started reintroducing brain and body acid to my smoothies.
    l-carnitine for the brain and l-carnitine tartrate for the body.

Take care.
    Xander

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  5. PoemNerd212

PoemNerd212 Contributor Contributor

Procrastinating so hard right now. I don't know why I do this to myself :dead:

6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I feel ya, on that.
    I have been doing it for 3 months.
    And all I have to say for my self is:
    'Why yes I did launch a bunch of
    nukes and cruise missiles into space
    just to hit a darn probe I placed out
    in the boonies, and will probably miss
    it too.' :p
    (Too much KSP with mods) :D

Some Guy and PoemNerd212 like this.
  7. Some Guy

So... sluggish... boneless... :supersleepy:

Cave Troll likes this.
  8. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Something between working and sleeping. Still getting plenty done today and it's just over two hours left until I'm out of here.

One last boost of focus and I can go home!

9. Cave Troll

Needing to read the chapter for group tomorrow. :p
    I should, so I don't look like a dip-shit, but it is so long...
    and I only have like a page and a half read out of 5.5K.
    So yeah I need to read. :p

flawed personality likes this.
  10. Cave Troll

Okie dokie....
    Holly.jpe :superagree:

11. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Oh, well. Now I know. :whistle:

@Cave Troll , if the image you've sent is an encrypted signal, wink twice and I'll try to figure it out. :supercheeky:

Cave Troll likes this.
  12. Some Guy

:superwhew: so.... borred... :supersleepy:

13. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

At the moment I'm sat having a cuddle with my little 2yr old daughter, she's meant to be going to bed but tonight she wants a cuddle instead :bigsmile:

Xander17 and flawed personality like this.
  14. hirundine

hirundine Contributor Contributor

Waiting to watch Iceland lose the football.

15. Lemie

Talking Swedish with my boyfriend.

He doesn't seem too impressed with me.

16. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Surely there's a referee or someone to keep their eyes on where it landed. "Oh, I think I've found it, was it an Addidas #3? No, well, it's got to be in these weeds somewhere."

17. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Shame I never got into Southern gothic horror before — seems to be a genre I’d get into. Any books you can recommend?

Cave Troll likes this.
  18. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Just started writing the final chapter to a book I've been working on for ages. Quite sad really as the main character's going to die and it's going to be a sad ending, I feel bad for her as she was going to run off with the man she loved... :bigfrown:

Cave Troll likes this.
  19. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    If you enjoy Anne Rice, and I know she's a love-or-hate writer, you might enjoy the Mayfair Witches trilogy.

20. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Getting ready for bed, my throat hurts. Hopefully it will feel a lot better in the morning after a good night's sleep, if, my little girl doesn't have another "wake mummy up at midnight" night :ohno:

21. Xander17

I have some thoughts on procrastination that might be of some use...ask if you're interested...and I'd like to hear others thoughts on the matter...is there a thread for this topic?
    I R interested 'cus I procrastined on my book for 6 years, the 6th year it became embarrassing, and wasn't just common writer's block.

Also, had rain recently, good timing as I wasn't up to riding for a few days.
    Nice spring weather today, so went for a 12k ride this morn. 1 minute slower than usual, no wind, which is acceptable considering how painful the last few days have been. Currently in me Ute in the village havin' a coffee. I feel pretty good. See if I'll do another run in the arvie, though no probs if I don't.

Spend the last two days cooking up 2 new batches of stew. The last one a huge improvement on the first two:
    - getting the water and dry incredients proportions tuned to a thicker broth.
    - not filling the pot up to the tippy top of the brim, thus no more ouchies on the fingers when I stir.
    - dicing the veges into bigger chunks.
    - come across some locally produced minced beef, advertised as having none of the nasty shit injected into them or fed crap that's usually done to cattle.
    - could fit in 1kg for a 6L stew. Twice as $ as the shit grade, but the mild frying before shoving in the pot seemed way better, no tons of water oozing out, you gotta admire the audacity of companies that inject water into the meat products to increase the weight.
    - the mince just seemed to enjoy being cooked and never had any adverse reactions to it. - so yeah, twice the price, but more than worth it !

Oh, back to riding: I highly suspect my '3 rides in one day' was not the cause of my suffering. I suspect my ALCAR had become contaminated.

Due to zero exercise and shitty diet the previous 12 months, all my powder supplements remained in storage, and all showing no signs of mold or bacteria evolving and building minature cities in any of them, when I started using them again in me smoothies.

However, ALCAR is an amino acid and is moist, and has use by dates. One of the ALCARS had become quite weepy and spider-senses were tingling when I started using it but the tingles were ignored.

FFS, what's the point of having spider senses if you don't listen to them..amirite!
    Haha, imagine a spiderman movie where he always ignores his tingles....actually that would make a good spoof skit.

ALCAR useage began the same time I started doing 2 rides a day, and it was only a couple of days in did I do the 3 rides. So, all my old stock of ALCAR has been dumped, even the unopened one, and a new batch arrives late next week. Then I can test my theory. A week of ALCAR and some 3 ride days.

Time for another coffee.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  22. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

Crafting and compiling my Christmas playlist on YT. :)

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. Lemie

Realising that kassaapparat is an actually spelling of a Swedish word :eek:

I can't accept three double letters in a row - not even when the two a:s are just two words merging...

24. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Yeah, that's goddamned unattractive. Thank God we spell it kasseapparat over here. That one letter really makes a world of difference.

Carriage Return and Lemie like this.
  25. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

I have lied in front of my computer and am typing some comments for WF (I don't use a table and my computer is on the floor and I lie against it. This help me to be more comfortable)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.