What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

They also have charcoal, fresh mint, strawberry (for kids), pink ribbon edition (though they don't explain what flavour that actually is), and ginger. :p

Kinzvlle likes this.
  2. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

Customizing our Imperfect Produce box. https://www.imperfectproduce.com/
    It's a pretty cool subscription box where they send you produce that is misshapen, or over abundant, or ugly lol. We do the every 2 weeks box and it costs $10-20 bucks depending on what you put in it. I like it, it's a good way to keep us stocked on fruits and veggies, and sometimes they have stuff you don't typically find in the store. (If you want a referral and to get $10 off your box, pm me)

3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Pink ribbon edition either sends some money to breast cancer research or tastes like something* that would leave even me crying in the corner.

And neither eggplant nor mackerel, although both of those can leave me crying in the corner

Kinzvlle likes this.
  4. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

He didn't think it? matwoolf...plagiarist or channeler perhaps?

5. Xander17

The thrash through The Sidling was most enjoyable.

Made sure I had the mower secured with a rachet tiedown, as I damaged one part of the bed I bought many moons ago as I hooned my way back through two mountain ranges.

Problem with the mower...a wasp built it's nest in the cooled down muffler, the mud eventually blown into a clogging position, thus exhaust had to find another way out; this also responsible for the drop in revs. No damage at all, just had to be disassembled, cleaned and given an overall checkup, adjustment and tighten where needed.

Now got an old plug in the exhaust pipe when unused. Same thing happened to the old grass trimmer...never occurred to me, but didn't want to mess with the mower anyways.

Knowledge is power, no more clogged exhaust problems for me.

'Knowledge is power'...this of course is flat out incorrect. Information has no innate power to do anything. The power is in the person, thus knowledge can only be a part of change when you apply your will power and use it. There's a huge difference between knowing and doing...took me a few decades to realise this.

Kinzvlle, Cave Troll and Mark Burton like this.
  6. Xander17

Anyways...me ute, with partially rebuild front end, The Sidling run felt so nice, so light and smooth as I reefed it around the tight corners. It was a good run due to no snails.

Sometimes I either have to pull over and wait if there's a number of them ahead of me, or if I come across them before the mountain, there's plenty of places to overtake and hopefully not come across any on the mountain.

Tasmanians, compared to Mainlanders in big cities, are very laid back. In the outer areas it's rare to see one doing the actual speed limit. Folks tend to go 10kph under.

But in my immediate area, they're much worse, avg is 20-30kph under, and tight windy bits, a safe speed on a corner is 60, most folks do 20kph. It's like my area is home to unskilled drivers of all ages and the two genders.

There's the odd speed limit driver and hoon, which is always fun times and we get to race each other while keeping to the speed limit. Haha, in my area, doing the actual speed limit is perceived by many as speeding.

This run there was a Chubb Extinguisher Maintanence ute a km ahead of me, but I figured he'll be slow on the mountain if he was fully loaded, so I slowly caught up, overtook him just before the mountain...to which he wanted to race with me, either enjoying the run or was pissed I overtook.

Ever notice some folks just can't handle it when they're overtaken, even if they were going under the speed limit, they now want to get back in front.

Anyways, he was racing, and just before the mountain starts, there's a rather tight s-bend at the base, the fast wide road is now skinnier, though still 100kph, I have to drop down to 80 to take it safely, plus there's usually gravel on the road due to it being a flood plain.

What does he do...he cuts the corner and his ute is completely on the wrong side...fuck me, another dumbass dangerous driver, unconcerned he's on a public road, dismissing the road rules and just wants to win.
    I won't race with these types of drivers; if I'm in front I'll slow down and let them pass; if I'm chasing and see dangerous driving, I'll back way off. I have no interest in inciting folks to drive like fuckwits on public roads.

Anyways, that was the only corner he could keep up. By the time I hit the first few corners, he was way behind me, so I ended up having a jolly good peaceful thrash over The Sidling.

And this is with standard sized tyres and extremely crappy standard suspension. Looking forward to eventually installing the DBA T2 rotors on the back, race pads all round, steel braided brake lines, high temp brake fluid and a set of HP Bilstein shocks, then I can once again run me 18" low profile mags and have even more fun driving.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  7. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Wondering if it`s a full moon today or if I`m just a mess. Today`s been...odd....slow getting out of bed, the morning went alright post spraying myself in the face with bodyspray, buses were running late today, then I couldn`t even remember where the dam place was and walked around the whole complex finding nothing, had a self pity taco, bullshitted with a friend at a pretzel stand, tried orange vanilla coke,went home, took a nap, woke up, caught a cat trying to turn some of my books into litter boxes, saw a picture of my dad pop up randomly, and found the missing laundry bag.

Not the most outwardly exciting today but dam if everything doesn`t feel off. Think I`m gonna start doing some much-needed cleaning, organizing, and thinking for a bit.

8. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Wondering where I'm going to stash the 10,000 match books my owner just ordered. That's ten official thousand... or 200k individual matches. The stack of boxes is taller than i am. And I'm not a fire marshal, but I'm pretty sure that's a hazard of sorts. If i can give away ten a night we'll need to reorder in a thousand nights.

Shenanigator, Kinzvlle and Cave Troll like this.
  9. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    If I remember my Breaking Bad....

Cave Troll likes this.
  10. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Why would a restaurant need matches? o_O
    You can't smoke at them anymore.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  11. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    To light the Baked Alaska and Saganaki cheese?

12. Homer Potvin

That's what i said. They're the wrong kind according to my line cooks. They would know. They probably have fifteen years in federal prison between them (not a joke).

Yeah, i said that too. Our owner is a lot like Willy wonka, so you dont question things if you want to maintain you're sanity. At least the matches are stylish with our name, logo, and color scheme. And they'll make great stocking stuffers.

13. flawed personality

Thank you. That's another show to add to my list. :agreed:

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  14. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Think of them like a more useful business card. I've never smoked but love it when a restaurant or bar or hotel has matches. I keep them in a brandy snifter to use for lighting candles or incense, and people always ask about them and sometimes want to look through them. The pride and joy of my collection is a vintage box of matches from the original Brown Derby, given to me by an elderly neighbor (those I don't use).

15. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Come to think of it, I went to a charity/dating event in Chicago back in 2000 or so called Zazz Bash. For twenty or fifty bucks you could get admittance to seven or so popular clubs and restaurants (The Dome Room, Excalibur, Rainforest Cafe, and Hard Rock Cafe spring to mind). It was billed as a singles event, and all the proceeds went to charity. Strewn throughout all the venues were boxes of what looked like book matches, but were actually mini-tearoff notepads so that you could give out your digits, if you were so inclined. I thought it was a clever touch.

16. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Very clever. So now Homes just needs 10,000 mini Post-It pads...

17. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Realizing how far my fantasy main character, Mishu Jerni, fell. Know the ‘10-year’ meme? It’s like this:

Mishu Jerni
    2009- “I AM A BADASS BLIND ASSASSIN, DONT NONE OF Y’ALL FUCK WITH MEH!!!”
    2019- “Pwease, I’m just a defenseless blind girl. Help me. I can’t do anything despite the world around me going to shit and my family is missing, presumed dead. Oh help me, big sighted mercenary chick that rescued me!”

Meanwhile my deaf protagonist, Kovi’s all:
    2009- *doesn’t exist*
    2019- “I AM A MUTHAFUCKIN’ BADASS DEAF GAL! AINT NO ONE GONNA FUCK WITH MEH!!!”

18. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Listening to the neighbour redoing their entire apartment. They started on Saturday, took a break Monday and Tuesday and it sounds like I'm surrounded by drills and hammers.

Not sure if it's the new owners or if the old ones couldn't sell it in the state it was when they tried to sell it the first time.

I don't get how many things need a drilling that it'd take several days of almost constant work to finish. I have seen the apartment and it mainly needed new wallpapers - and maybe new floors in the hallway... What it don't need is 10 000 random drill holes.

Kinzvlle and flawed personality like this.
  19. flawed personality

About to head out to see my solicitor and strategise.
    Also, I'm going to a cafe in the town who apparently have some post addressed to me*. o_O

*turns out, that was the landline and mobile number that I didn't recognise.

Some Guy and Kinzvlle like this.
  20. Kinzvlle

Listen the fact that bubblegum toothpaste is made only for kids in America is one of my biggest grievances with this life.

My first thought was lighting pilots, but that`s assuming it`s gas and they don`t have a better way for that. A zippo would probably do.

Good branding at least like Shen said, now I`m picturing you as either the head Ompalompa or Charlie though. Not quite sure which.

Staples is gonna love him.

About to head out for my job coaching apointment than it`s spring now so garden planning and etc.

21. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Man, I'm flying tomorrow, don't talk to me about pilots getting lit :)

You use the zippo to light the spaghetti, then use the spaghetti to light the burner.

Seriously.

But @Homer Potvin is like seven and a half feet tall. And he has access to an AK now. I'm picturing him as an Italian version of Shaq in Steel:

[​IMG]

ETA or Dennis Rodman in Double Team:

[​IMG]

Shenanigator, Kinzvlle and Cave Troll like this.
  22. Kinzvlle

There`s more than one meaning to flying high I guess.

Got a job interview tomorrow, and waiting to maybe hear about another job today. Just doing some web surfing right now, ran some light errands earlier. Gonna do my exercise, lunch, and nap routine in a while before doing garden and other work then coming in to clean.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
  23. Quixotic

Quixotic New Member

I got two big essays due this Friday and currently have Word opened ready to crank out those bad boys out.

24. Homer Potvin

Haha... I'd be the man behind the curtain inventoring the gobstoppers, analyzing fizzy lifting drink sales, and talking the Oompa Loompas off the ledge when the pressure of performing made them feel like quitting.

Actually, that's almost exactly what I do now.

25. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    This reminded me of you, based on the comparison from Kinzville.:supergrin:
    [​IMG]

Shenanigator and Kinzvlle like this.
  26. Kinzvlle

Logging in from my laptop at the library today. Have a job interview around the area today, and meeting someone here before that right now it`s just waiting. Working on other things while I wait. Hopefully, today goes well. Yesterday was a good start to spring even organized my personal library, hopefully, today can get the ball rolling slightly on more things. This is just about getting started, blooming.

Lemie and Cave Troll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.