What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

I had some mix tapes I made for myself in junior high and high school-- reel to reel, not even cassette yet. And mostly taped holding the recorder up close to the radio or record player. I loved them, and they all got stolen out of my locker in Architecture school.

Damn. Hadn't thought about those in years. Now I'll be trying to remember what all was on them.

The Dapper Hooligan and Some Guy like this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Got a 'walkman to usb' a while back. Just gotta figure out how to make the damn thing work!

flawed personality likes this.
  3. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

Domestic tasks at home while listening to music, then when I finish got to do some shopping.

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Wondering why I'm still awake at 2:06 am in the frickin' morning.

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

It's the state of the universe, I reckon....

6. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Sipping tea and looking out at the city. The sunlight reflects off of each building, making it look like a city made of diamonds. Pretty cool.

Since the day looks great, I'll be driving up to Riverbank Park. Good day to do the park thing. See ya, forumies.

7. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Watching an Indy Car race and reading the Forum a bit before lunch, work, and writing. It's been a busy day already: a little while ago I did the periodic Desk Dust Bunny kill after cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, and later I have a printer problem to troubleshoot and a cranky shredder to fix.

8. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Being lazy, browsing amazon. Gonna make pizza later. :p

9. Some Guy

Falling awake...

10. Some Guy

The key to a happy shredder is lubrication. I recommend 3in1 spray dry-lube.

The solution to ink-jet printers is compact laser. Better overall. :-D

11. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

Did some washing up, now I'm avoiding doing the rest.

Cave Troll likes this.
  12. D.Clarke

D.Clarke Active Member

Thinking I should try to write my next book in one full word doc instead of separating each chapter. See if it has any effect on my workflow.

Xander17 and Cave Troll like this.
  13. flawed personality

Setting up my savings for the month. I figure it's easier for me to meet my 52 week money challenge if it's put into savings before I can spend it. :p

Elvira Chavez and Cave Troll like this.
  14. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Sitting in an armchair in front of a door. Door is partly closed. Behind that door is a bedroom. There sings a small kid who should be sleeping instead of singing.

Melody? I suppose today is the birthday of that melody.

We have had "I'm thirsty" and "I must pee" -periods. Now we have "singing is fun" period.

I love these moments.

Xander17, Cave Troll and love to read like this.
  15. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Finished bagging a freezing my pork chops and brats. :p
    Need to read the chapters sent out for group this week.
    Also see what I can add to the Meme-Fic I started,
    and I have a few ideas about how to progress it along. :D

16. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Better than dealing with teenagers, I guess.

17. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

I've discovered there's pros and cons to both ways, and I only ended up splitting the book into separate chapters due to being overwhelmed by the size of the thing, as my history is full of articles no more than a few pages.

I tend to repeat (reducing this within the book experience) thus during editing it's good to access the whole work to efficiently weed them out, but I find single chapters easier to work with, logistically and mentally. So I use both formats, depending on the day's task.

Even though my books are non-fiction, there still needs to be a flow and continuity, but when working on one element that sits in one chapter, that's all I need up and running to write it. When completed I can then shove it in the whole book to see how it fits.

Alan Aspie likes this.
  18. Xander17

I may have to rethink my current attitude regarding the existence of a god for the other day I witnessed not one, but two actual miracles in the space of several minutes.

Driving home from the village, this road has a speed limit of 100kmh, I witnessed 1 of 3 locals overtaking a semi doing 60kmh up the long side of hell hill. Minutes later, following this truck that never went over 80, on the long straight before my turnoff, another local overtook the semi...I wept.

Well, either this adds weight to the existence of a god, or it's just the tassie aliens doing more Dark City experiments with the inhabitants.

Did I ever mention how these aliens moved the entire tassie zoo, overnight, from the south to the north of the island, some 150-200km, and no one I came into contact with ever mentioning this, that it seemed to me everyone had their memories reprogrammed to show the zoo always was in the north.

19. Xander17

6am:
    Took the last part of last week and this weekend off from exercise to focus on finishing the final edit.

All done yesterday. But in doing so, which included a complete reread, I realised I left out a chapter on Attitude. How the fuck could I have forgotten about that important aspect of human nature...and how cool is it that it's the perfect last chapter.

Currently writing it but having a break as the cat came in from the cold and always wants to sit on my lap while I write. Plus bod says it needs more energy so breakie soon.

Then I have to finish the epilogue, and then it's read up on what a cover letter (or whatever it's called) looks like, create it and then learn how to send the 1st draft to publishers.

Will search the forum for help, but advice or links to specifc elements most appreciated.

Then I have to edit the humorous interlude chapter, the 4 long stories in the appendix and create 'my fav Quiche recipe' page...these don't have to be sent.

Hopefully I'll be in full swing sending to publishers before mid year.

20. Xander17

Worst case of this was in my early teens, dad n mum and I went to the drive-in to see Chariots of the Gods. Spent most of my time walking around trying to counter the extremely annoying sensations.

It's died off over the years but I did have a mild attack a few times being here in tassie, not enough to be painful, but enough to stop me from peacefully entering sleep mode. I just took some mercindal (SP?) the night-time version having muscle relaxant thus zonks me out in 20 minutes.

However, this is what I learnt to do when I used to have feet cramps due to lack of hydration back in the day.

I discovered the more I tried to resist the pain, the longer the cramp remained, that is, fighting against the cramp. But when I accepted I had a cramp and calmly focused on the physical contortions and not the pain, the pain dispersed quickly while the contortions remained, and that was an interesting sensation to fully feel the immense contortion without any pain.

In doing so, staying in a relaxed calm accepting and focused state, the cramp, now pain free, also quickly undid itself, though slower than the pain. I tend to do this with all painful situations, but for reasons unknown never did it with the RLS I'd experienced the last couple of years.

If I had RLS often I would do experiments to discover their causes, as so far I theorise it might have something to do with toxins in food\drink or it's a physical reflection of soul disturbance.

An experiment I did: I consider the annoyance of RLS similar to being annoyed by a mosquito, in that you become aggitated and will fight to kill the insect as it won't leave you alone as you try to sleep, so one night I decided to accept the mosquito's existence and it's need to feed and peacefully allowed it to feed on me, now focused I was keenly aware of it's needle as it stuck it into me, but I remained calm and allowed it to do it's job and I went to sleep while it continued to feed on me, of which, logically it would only do for a short time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Maverick_nc likes this.
  21. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Listening to Synchronicity by The Police for the first time in at least twenty years.

22. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

Writing and thinking, mostly sideways in every definition of the word. Current thought: we don't deserve dogs.

23. flawed personality

Seeing how many retail jobs will actually pay over £18,600 per year.

Cave Troll likes this.
  24. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Drinking orange juice and working on an edit...and feeling a bit ill because I had the orange juice a little too soon after coffee. :dead:

Cave Troll and Some Guy like this.
  25. Some Guy

:blech:

Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.