What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Loved by a Sweet lady. :) Supporter Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superidea:
    [​IMG]

Kinzvlle, Xander17, Some Guy and 4 others like this.
  2. Cave Troll

:superidea:
    [​IMG]

3. GrahamLewis

GrahamLewis Let me chew on your criticism a bit. Contributor

77 sq. miles of American PC surrounded by reality
    Deciding to shut down the laptop and step back into the real world for a bit.

4. Foxxx

Foxxx The Debonair Contributor

These videos are great.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Xander17, matwoolf and Cave Troll like this.
  5. matwoolf

matwoolf Contributor Contributor

...hard to fathom...for me.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Long, hard day for me that ends with my glasses breaking. >:[

T_L_K, Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  7. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

Just got back from the dining room. I haven't mentioned that I transferred from one place that was saying that I should be in an ALF or in my own place (I still need my strength to improve some more) to another place that says the same about me. "You are too high functioning for a place like this sir." <== Is the way they word it. Never mind that my whole purpose for being here is the rehab they can provide. But then, they are saying that time will do more for me than more therapy will now.

On the plus side, I've been to this place before, and most of the staff know better than to deal with everyone like we all have no minds anymore. Here they have more people here who are still home upstairs than the other place has.

It just dawned on me that I haven't really said what I'm doing in a place like this anyway. In January My strength dropped to the point where my legs collapsed from under me. A roommate decided to call 911 because I hit my head when I fell. It turns out that I had badly dehydrated muscles for some reason and they gave me fluids by IV until my CPK level came back down some. If any of you don't know, CPK is a blood enzyme that indicates that some muscles are breaking down. Anyway, after treatment in the hospital I was transferred to a 'place like this' for rehab. A few days of rehab and just enough rehab to start being able to walk short distances with a walker my insurance ran out, or at least I ran out of covered days of rehab. Since then I've been working on getting the help I need through publicly funded programs. Now while I'm still not up to 100% (or as close to that as can be expected) I'm waiting for an opening in a nearby ALF where I will have more privacy while I build myself up to the best as I can get to at my age.

Anyway, I'm now trying to decide if I should take my laptop out to the dayroom where it's a bit less cold than my room. That's another thing, the ALF is a place where I don't have to deal with the AC set too cold. As it turns out medical people are driven by their germ phobias to keep buildings too cold for people who are less active. I'm sitting around with sweat pants on and wearing a jacket.

Well, I suppose I've done more than my share of bringing you folks down.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Not bringing me down. I'm inspired. Keep fighting. :)

Kinzvlle, Alan Aspie and sleepindawg like this.
  9. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Maverick_nc likes this.
  10. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

I've actually been thinking on starting a diary writing bits about my issues with the one place. I just don't know where to keep it.

Kinzvlle and Alan Aspie like this.
  11. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

Here ya go Foxxx, and for everyone, the share and care thread.

love to read and Cave Troll like this.
  12. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Senior Member

Laptop?

13. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

That wasn't exactly what I meant, I was thinking that I don't want to encrypt something like that because I don't know how to use that sort of software. However, if I don't encrypt just anyone could read and even change it.

14. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle Plunging Along Contributor

You guys remember how I planned my one day off out all nice and neat in my post this morning right? Best laid plans eh? Today was a mostly uncomfortable, anxious, and sweaty day.Had some nice moments to it though. Didn`t get much done during the day. Around ten I actually cleaned the room, started laundry, did push-ups, made a pizza, and showered. Late night burst of productivity. Minor productivity but hey. Need to get new shoes at some point, another pair has yet again begun tearing. I have a crooked ankle leads to more wear on the foot and the shoe. That foot always hurts, it`s a lot straighter then it used to be but it`ll never be fully straight I don`t think. I do have the technical diagnosis of cerebral palsy from a car crash when I was five weeks. Not bad for someone who was never meant to walk though.

Sitting down at one-ish am with ice cream to do some exactly last minute photo editing then bed. Might take a few hours. As a buddy of mine on discord is always saying it only takes a few hours of sleep to function. That might be more of the army mindset talking but hey gotta squeeze everything out of the day.

I need a better balance in life.

love to read, Cave Troll and Some Guy like this.
  15. flawed personality

flawed personality Engaged to an Amazing Man :) Contributor

Where wind and rain are common, and sun is rare
    Off to look for additions to From Russia With Love. :p

Cave Troll likes this.
  16. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

New day at work. Busy, but this time I feel like I can do this. :superyesh:

17. Cave Troll

Writing group today, and this time I won't forget to loan Lady J some
    books this time. :p (I forgot last week.)
    Also IDK, this:
    [​IMG]

Xander17 and flawed personality like this.
  18. Xander17

I started journaling back in my 20's when I was married...hard cover notepads. Interestingly, suggested by her...she knew me more than I knew myself....possibly why she decided she'd had enough of me after a decade....ya gotta be able to sort your shit out to be able laugh at the shitty parts of life.

Sadly, destroying many of the earlier ones whenever my long gone suicidally laced Depression would manifest (after the breakup) and thus I'd pyschologically self harm by destroying my treasured works.

I still have half a dozen in my cupboard, and I find journals are extremely beneficial when exploring one's innards, to write one's thoughts down as opposed to just thinking about a matter helps me to clarify my thoughts and pinpoint problems. I eventually bought a puta and ended up doing a lot of writing on them, but I still journal only in notepads, most likely due to the established habit and I still enjoy hand writing. But for time constrained works, I'll use a puta.

19. flawed personality

flawed personality Engaged to an Amazing Man :) Contributor

Where wind and rain are common, and sun is rare
    Just left a 5 star review for From Russia With Love, cos I'm so pleased with it, and it arrived in half the time expected. :)

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Senior Member

trying to be productive at work....

T_L_K and Cave Troll like this.
  21. Xander17

- Rained on and off all day yesterday.
    - All latest vids cards tested and benched...booyah!
    - Aliens said it was time for laundry, so with pumped enthusiasm, I took the bed apart and loaded up 2 washing machines full of me clothes in a duffle bag and set off for the village. Pumped for the laundry and another thrash over The Sidling and some coffee.
    - Had the leftovers of me new batch of stew after I got home and organised into 400g freezable containers.
    - Fell asleep watching Superbowl LIII.

- Intermittent rain continued all night and this morn.
    - Been looking for vid cards on eBay and checking auction end times...there's a couple of older cards for cheap as free I wanna get.
    - Heading into village to pick up more purchases at post office and repaired fishfingers. Got a full refund off the seller (after 4 months of use), who...˜laughs˜...initially offered a $3 refund so I could go by some glue to fix them...glue+gloves...seriously ! Feedback suggests their Giant gloves are fakes.
    - Also seeing if mech has cleaned me injectors (it's been over a week), if not which is a huge possibility (ya think Aussies are laid back, ffs, Tasmanians would give Ents a run for their money), imma buy the professionally remanufactured ones for $200 on eBay.

- Looks like I can get book in sendable condition by the end of the weekend.
    - Some clear weather for a bloody ride would be nice. Will have to make a formal request-complaint with the Aliens about this.
    - Time for another Keto coffee.

- Ha, 3am, wind and heavy rain, just as I got up to make a coffee the power went out. Donned me miner's led headlamp and fired up the gas stove. So glad I got rid of The Contessa's ancient and rusted out electric one for it, more cost effective too.
    This time however, instead of the usual 6 hrs of no power, it came back on after I just finshed making it. It's remained on all morn.

And am so gunna watch Superbowl LI again today.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Cave Troll likes this.
  22. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

So which of them was the most interesting game? I have my opinion, but I would like to know yours. While we are at it how about the second most interesting?

23. Xander17

Ahh, no, fell asleep due to the end of a long but fun productive day and I usually zonk out more if I have an evening meal. Didn't think to emphasis that.

I watched LIII again this morn and there's a glitch with the recording, sections of each quarter goes way out of sync with the visuals thus you lose the immersion so it's hard to compare to LI.

I've watched some episodes of sitcoms I enjoy without a laughtrack and am amazed at how unfunny they are. Instead of laughing, I'm shocked at how dysfunctional and horrible the characters are and the cringeworthy situations they're in, nothing funny about it at all, thus my copy of LIII has suffered from the same phenomena, I just can't get into the same enthusiasm as the crowd does due to being swept up in the moment by moment plays.

Putting the immersion glitch aside, based only on the events of each game, I'd rate the huge comeback of LI as the best of the two, though I can already envision I'd like LIII much more if the sound was in sync.

I'd have to rewatch all the SBs I have to rate them. I've only ever seen...
    20, 22, 23, 31, 32, 37 and 42-53 (minus 46) and I've enjoyed every one of 'em except one which was a blowout 50 to 3 or something. I like tight matches.
    Out of the small number of games I've watched, my fav player is Julian Edelman. I like the way he looks, his attitude and composure.

Last time I watched American football was the Elway, Montana era.
    It'd be nice if folks would put more full games on YT. I 'd like to watch some playoffs as well.

What's you thoughts on your fav and other aspects of the game?

Ran out of time to watch LI again today.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  24. Xander17

And speaking of falling asleep and other related issues...

The Aliens had the feels for me for the constant rain they've been doing and compensated me by shoving an extra grand into my bank account sometime last night, that was a nice surprise.

So instead of SB LI and other activities, it was now eBay vid card day.
    "Isn't everyday vid card day Xander?"
    "Shhh, tell no one."
    Did a ton of scanning through the morn and waiting for post office alerts by 10:30 am, deciding to splash out on one expensive card as the flagship of my collection and settled on a pristine Gigabyte GTX 770, auction starting price $60, willing to go to $90 with postage.

Timing was tight as I had to wait till 10:30 at home, then hit the village and fire up the tablet by 11:30 ( no service between home and village) and add my bid right at the end of the auction as I've discovered that's often the best way to keep the prices low. Post office alert came early so the pressure was off.
    I hit the village with plently of time, set my alarm on me fone and checked on me fishfingers, not ready. Still time left, drove to the art gallery for me coffee. Had 6 minutes, chose to walk in and get the coffee first, that went quicker than usual as me and the various baristas do chat a bit if there's no line.

Get back to me ute and panic sets in as the alarm on me tablet was already on, and, as habit, I left me alarm ringing fone in the car too. I open up me tablet screen to see the timer on the auction count down from 3 seconds to zero....NOOOOOOOOOOOO with outstretched arms and forlorn expression, come back precious vid card, oh why didn't I just wait in the car till the action was over then get me coffee. All that effort to find the perfect card, damn you cruel world and all that kinda stuff.

I was downcast and inconsolable for at least 2 seconds, then joyfully got on with my day of preparing for my next auction, enjoying the intermittent rain and me coffee and seeing the mech before I headed home. Saved a link for the potential $200 reconned injectors, organised the rest of my auction vid cards, and envisioned the completion of me book by mondee morn.

Mech hadn't done the injectors but wanted to get them done for me late that arvie and even offered to deliver them to my place satdee morn. I've got all weekend set for the book so I told him it's okay I'll pick 'em up mondee or tewsdee and we discussed some more elements of the repairs, like how to clean the inlet ports on the head as I suspect that's where I'm getting the fuel smell from, and elements of the throttle body.

Next vid card is a rare old one, cheap as free, 2hrs away, I head home set the alarm on me tablet, have me afternoon breakfast and chat with eBay and sellers about various cards. All organised, resting on bed, headphones on watching some motor sport vids, it's mid arvie and I bloody well fall asleep again, waking up to see the tablet alarm had been going for 30 mins....NOOOOOOOOOOOO with outstretched arms and forlorn expression, I miss out on the 2nd card, one that I had my eye on for 6 days, only one other bidder (just like the 770), so I easily coulda won it.

Another fun filled day done. It's now 10pm. Gonna have some OJ and watch SB LI.

25. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Also a big Edelman fan. He has that 'ho-hum, another touchdown' demeanor most of the greats have, including my all-time favorite, Barry Sanders.

Xander17 likes this.