What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Contest Winner 2022

I feel like I have the diet of a child these days because I've had vending machine snacks for lunch for a few days and it feels insubstantial, but I just really wanted cheezits. And today felt like a good day for Sprite.

I also hope we get out on time today because MY GLASSES CAME IN!!!! I just have to get them either after work today or tomorrow around noon. Either way, I'm ready.

Kinzvlle, Steve Rivers and Cave Troll like this.
  2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

It's completely age-ist to say Sprite and Cheezits are just for children.

...he said, literally with a bottle of Sprite sitting next to his desk.

What!? Tea and coffee is for boring old people.

...said the guy in his late thirties.

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

"Boring old people?" Isn't that rather, um, ageist? :p

Dogberry's Watch and Cave Troll like this.
  4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Especially considering there are plenty of boring young people that drink tea as well.

5. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Back from the hospital. Grandma-not-grandma was rushed there early last night. Had to go see her, but she's just fine. A little old, sure, 90+ years will do that to ya, but all well. Doctors said she swears more than they've ever heard, so that's a good sign.

The plane ride will commence tomorrow. Grandma said she'd kick my ass if we didn't go. Also wished us a long marriage and lots of children....latter part is so not happening.

6. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

I`d say you're doing fine considering I`m currently eating a candy bar for dinner atm. Been grabbing a pack of Reese's sticks every day after work lately. Got two today, that`s my meal for now.

Also, cheezits are gifts from the gods. Never be ashamed of them.

Imagine it a thousand little Moonlite's running around plus all the nieces. A house overflowing with children as Moon slowly descends into madness.

Sitting down here after a long long day at work. Wasn`t nearly in as much pain though so that`s a plus. Shout out to Aleve for that 12-hour strength. Was still a rough day, nearly sold out for hockey off tomorrow then they all check out when I go back Sunday. Which is the same day Disney on Ice checks in. Screw you Mickey Mouse. Flipping the whole hotel in less than a day. For a dollar more than minimum wage. In a not so great enivorment....fun.

At least not a great enorivment for me. Alright for now but the sooner I can get out of there the better. Probably going to bed soon, was gonna write tonight but I`m tired and I can (hopefully) work on it tomorrow. I need waste about an hour just dicking around online here but but we`te not gonna talk about that. Didn`t actually get any of my planned projects done yesterday other than posting in progress journals here and on another forum (I'm two-timing sorry). Was gonna crack out the old (busted) laptop and pull files from there, send in photo submissions, and work on applications for some stuff that's saved to there. I was tired and in pain, so watching the slow ass laptop putter to do the simplest task especially compared to my current sexy sexy gaming laptop...I couldn`t stand it. Plus it`s falling apart even worse just from sitting there. Gonna have to pull everything off and see about getting rid of it, probably try and store it across zip drives. I kinda want to get a housing and try settibg something up with NAS drives for my media files but...that`s time, money, and effort.

Thursdays projects have been moved within my headspace to next Thursday if I don`t peck at them tomorrow as well. Next Thursday I'm off so it works. After Disney on Ice, we`re supposed to be dead for a bit...I just don`t know when that ends. Not sure how bad it`ll be in the middle of it , depends on how many of them actually want service. Tomorrow's goals were a hair cut and a rap/hip hop thing down at the art center. Haven`t made the effort or had the motivation to help out at the art center lately would like to get back to that. Though with other things I wanna focus on, and a busy busy day Sunday. Do I want to force in something where I know I won`t be home until 1 or so? (helping tear down, and whatever else happens after the show. Plus not being able to drive myself on relying on people who love to be on the town) Plus I have some issues with this show.

Not the show, the shows fine i`m sure. I mean the last hip hop show blew out our super but that`s the fault of there tech (who was drunk on whiskey) not the genre. I don`t believe it`s the same folks. I like hip hop but....very specific ones. It`s not a genre where I can just reach into the bag and pull out something I like gotta rut around but there`s good stuff there. Homegrown talents are good to support either way. My issue is with one of the undercard performers. A young rapper I went to high school with. I mean half the kids I went to high school with were sound cloud rappers, but I digress. He showed up at a meeting of the local camera club once going to school for ....graphic dessssign?? I forget but it was something artsy like that from what I think was tech school idk. He needed community service hours for the degree and one of our officers was mentoring him so to speak and had him helping out there and with the bottleworks (big soulless art gallery place all run by money that everybody seems to love....despite it fucking over it`s artists and it`s community at every turn). He asked, HE ASKED if anyone had any opportunities in that vain to let him know.. So I went up and I told him about the arts center, about it being pretty much just like Bottleworks but actually centered on the community more about homegrown artists. As well as being much much smaller in scale. He seemed interested we talked about some upcoming projects and he said he`d make contact. He never did had the oppurtinay to work with us and he gave us the cold shoulder. It`s not like he left town awkwardly ran into at the local bike rally a couple of weeks later.

He wants to come in now though and use our stage. Whatever happened to the idea of community? Pitching in to build something good brick by brick so you and everyone else can all benefit together. What we`re not good enough for your time, but we`re good enough to perform at?

Maybe I`m holding that one to tight, I don`t know what was going on and he never gave us any commitment. What he did commit to was photographing the local cancer walk. Something I normally do but couldn`t do to starting a new job. Something they asked me PERSONALLY to do that I put Jimmy up for. He gave a commitment to that. To that NON PROFIT EVENT FOR CANCER PATIENTS AND SURIOVERS. ANNNND he didn`t show up.... again was still around at the bike rally. No word or notice just stiffed a charity event.

I can`t.....I can`t with people. He tries and posts motivational stuff on like Instagram but...you had chances to build the community around you and you wouldn`t do it don`t act like you're some guru. Ik we like to push this individualist t mindset these days, and for certain things yes but the community still matters, you're neighbors are still you`r brethren, and your word is still your bond.

Had more to say on that then I thought I did.

Yeah probably just working on projects at home tomorrow and getting a hair cut.

Bed soon for tonight though. Mabbbbbyee get some real food.
    *It`s the WriYe Write Year forums

Cave Troll and Dogberry's Watch like this.
  7. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Contest Winner 2022

I was trying to find where I'd been discussing with someone about the surprise 5th book in one of my favorite fantasy series, but I can't remember where that discussion was taking place.

But I got that book in the mail today. And I didn't get my glasses after work because my coworkers were being asshats and spent so much time talking instead of working. I'm all for conversation at work as long as you're working while doing that talking.

I ended up putting my earbuds in so I could focus and get shit done enough for me to go. Stayed over almost an hour past my scheduled end time.

Cave Troll and Kinzvlle like this.
  8. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

I'm still somewhat confused, but that's nothing new.

9. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Fighting with a 3d CAD program because I'm using it the wrong way, trying to force it to be a painting program.

I'm designing a passport cover for a country that exists only in the mind, if you must know.

T_L_K, Cave Troll, GaMeFreakJ and 5 others like this.
  10. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Moving around for the morning woke up a little bit ago but mostly played on my phone in bed. Taking it slightly easy today due to the impending workload of tomorrow but do want to be somewhat productive still. Laundry, creative projects, food shopping, and a hair cut on the agenda. Starting with my vitamins, been slacking on and off about taking them. Just glad to be off, here`s to the first day off of 2020.

11. Dogberry's Watch

I'm off to the bank to open a savings account. Oh boy! So adult!

12. GaMeFreakJ

GaMeFreakJ Active Member

Idk if this helps, but isn't something like word or powerpoint easyer?
    I know how CAD programs work, and that is not really a thing that helps with creating a passport :)

Cave Troll likes this.
  13. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

[​IMG]
    Glory to the Glorious People's Paradise of Arstotzka, comrade!

Cave Troll likes this.
  14. Platina

Platina Member

Listening to music and having some coffee, basically trying to wake myself up, and about to prep some breakfast because of said coffee. I never understand how people can drink coffee on an empty stomach and be OK. Meanwhile, when I do the same, my stomach screams at me until I eat, every single time.

GaMeFreakJ, Cave Troll and Kinzvlle like this.
  15. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    The cover, not the inside. Precise circles, exact angles when designing a national emblem, Sketchup is good for that.

16. MissBadWolf

MissBadWolf Senior Member

Hmm right now I am working on a mental family tree for my characters.
    Debating on how to write it down. I am visiting my family so not sure if it is a good time to put it in an app on my phone.

17. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Finished watching Season 4 of the Expanse. (Small spoiler)
    They kill off the cool old Belter guy, and Captain Drummer
    is still alive. :)
    Also Watched the new Addams Family reboot. Not bad, but
    kinda different.
    Found some mods for railguns in KSP, and hoping it doesn't
    crash with all the extra crap I have asked it to execute. :p
    Also found this if you need a bit of a giggle. :supergrin:
    [​IMG]

18. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Just finished watching the New England Patriots not win! They are OUT! Football fans all over the USA are rejoicing, unless they're in Boston. Fans in Boston think it's not fair somehow.

19. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Wish I hadn't read that, but hey, at least I learned season 4 is out, so thanks :)

20. Dogberry's Watch

I don't really watch or care too much about sports, but I have a deep seated hatred of the Patriots so this makes me pleased as sprinkles.

---

I'm getting ready to go to lunch with someone who was drunkenly hitting on me last night! I hope he's forgotten he was doing that because I really want this burger... If it turns into a thing where he tells me he has feelings for me, I'm going to tell him I have feels for my burger.

Does that make me a bad lady?

Kinzvlle, minstrel, EFMingo and 2 others like this.
  21. MissBadWolf

MissBadWolf Senior Member

I just had a late lunch. Thinking about football for some reason.

22. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Working on my "B story" for the January contest. Found it necessary to delete the last 2000 words and steer the plot in a different direction. There are bits and pieces I can repurpose, and I guess it was necessary to eliminate that potential storyline, but damn. Feels like a lot of wasted effort. Still, I've never been very good at "killing my darlings", so I'll just take this as a sign that I'm evolving.

Cave Troll and Dogberry's Watch like this.
  23. Dragonaut

Dragonaut New Member

I've hit a bit of a bump on the outline for my short story. I might need to worldbuild a bit to make the "antagonist" of the story more... grounded, if that makes any sense. I think tweaking a few details will do my creative juices some good. At least I'll get a break from bullet points :D

24. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

HOMEWORK!!
    Genealogy and Social Networking (like the coding and stuff behind it, not the platforms)

25. Dogberry's Watch

I just finished taking photos for my two blogs that get photos, and now I'm going to write up posts for all three blogs and get them scheduled for release tomorrow. Then I'm going to type up what I have written for my first book so far until I pass out.

Productive day ish. And I did just get to enjoy a burger, no feelings attached, thank goodness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.