What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Q can get it.

Kinzvlle and Cave Troll like this.
  2. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Oh god, that's at the top now. I look so thirsty.

EFMingo likes this.
  3. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Update on my Minecraft run: I now have a black cat.

He belonged to a swamp witch I had to kill because she threw bottles at me. The psychopath had built her hut on poles in the middle of the water with no way of reaching shore, so the cat was stuck in there. I figured I couldn't just leave the poor critter so I fed him fish and took him home to the tower. I named him Solomon, and he now spends most of his time sleeping on my bed and purring very loudly.

So, pretty much like my actual cat.

4. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Trying to sort out the spy camera pen I bought on vacation. It was only six bucks, figured it would be worth a laugh.

Seems to work, but single button control is a little fiddly.

5. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

There's also a Q in James Bond. Just thought I'd throw that in too. :p

6. Dogberry's Watch

So many Qs, so little time.

7. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Killing time until digiclass in 50 minutes. Watching a movie in the background on mute, whistling to a tune that's been stuck in my mind and I can't remember from where, drinking the second coffee of the day, figuring out... stuff. Every now and then I get up to do this and that, but I'm feeling kind of unsynced. I'm in a calm chaos. The crazy flame flickering of the last remaining candlewick. It's been raining all day and I'm feeling drowsy.

8. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Filling my DAW with plugins, and learned how to mount them.
    So, now I have a wide array of synths and stuff to play with. :)
    Cool stuff kiddies. :p

9. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

A lot of sleeping. And when I'm not sleeping I feel like I want to be. Having no routine sure makes you tired.

I'm also wondering why people who like to inflict their music on others, having it blaring from their house/car, always have such shit taste.

10. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Feeling the both of you, on feeling unsynced and the need to be asleep. This whole situation has just taken my mental state and tossed it through a loop. Haven`t really done anything yet today except sleep, hate myself for it, then more sleep, then more self-hate, and you get the idea. Been like this for a while, I have managed to get a routine and structure going ....for like a day...then back to sleep. Now the hotel is officially closed until June...took them long enough....and idk. On the one hand been just waiting for them to do it for so long and its better than the waiting and it`s nice to know to expect not to go back rather then probably won`t but could scenario. A time block to expect to worth with, also means I wont be getting my work routine back for a while and without I`m not doing well. I want to be able to set one up myself and stick to it but my poor little stressed depressed ADHD brain is just spazzing out all over the place.

Its the 4th...feel like if I`ll blink it`ll be gone in a series of depression naps. I want to try and do projects to make something of this. The thought that keeps looping is I always waste the time I`m given to do something and it kills me. It`s just there looping and looping and looping. I`m not ok, right now.

Maybe that`s the project self-care first and foremost.

I`m probelly just gonna make mac and cheese...does that count?

11. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

Reading a book.

Writing a book.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  12. Cave Troll

Writing a Reading book? :p

Some Guy and flawed personality like this.
  13. Aaron Smith

No I'm writing an existential piece or some shit. It's about a dude who's in a situation and he has to get out of that situation, and it's like, really purple and shit.

14. Dogberry's Watch

I am basking in the aftermath of a good breakfast/lunch (it wasn't brunch, really, because I ate at 3:00 pm) and writing blog posts like the pretentious twat I am.

I'm actually pretty proud of the photo for the food blog this week.

15. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Very well said, haha. That should be your sales pitch: "Listen up, Mrs Publisher. It's about a dude who gets into a situation and has to get out of it, okay? Now shut your Harvard mouth and give me some money."

That would be refreshing.

16. Aaron Smith

Bro nowadays books are about hurting women who like it.

Hemingway won a Pulitzer for writing about a man who caught a fish or some shit. Gotta keep it simple.

Some Guy and Iain Aschendale like this.
  17. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

I can relate to that. I mean, I do stuff, but lately - and by that I have no specific estimation which should at least worry me some but doesn't - it feels random. I'm locked in my world and sometimes I like it, but right now it feels like I've drifted a tad more away than I originally thought I would. Or could. Anyhow, new sensations.

... I guess that looping can bring nausea at some point. We should take that vinyl out of the pick-up and let it smash to the ground. I hope this image made you smile a little. The diabolical way. :supercheeky:

I hope that you're getting paid until then. I'm not. I think I'm never gonna get paid again. Damn... This ship is sinking. At least I know how to float. Yeah... I could do that.

Yes, it absolutely does! Can you send me some? :supersmile:

May your worries roll off like water on feathers. (Not mine, but I love this saying).

18. OurJud

I played with my new rotary tool today - made yet another key holder/fob/organiser.

My new rotary tool is certainly not a Dremel... but then it didn't cost £120 either.

Oh, and I've had nothing but Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads box set playing in the background all day... all 27 episodes of it.

Cave Troll and Kinzvlle like this.
  19. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Reading up on the accent used in The Sopranos.

Fascinating stuff.

ETA @Wreybies this is right up your alley.

Some Guy, Cave Troll and Homer Potvin like this.
  20. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

That's my tribe, so to speak. The Jersey Italians and Rhode Island Italians have similar origins in America but took different paths. They were mainly urban construction workers while we were stone masons. Slang is a bit different, but we use the same terms for food.

21. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

22. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Sitting up all night listening to an audio book on YouTube and putting off repairing my computer.

EDIT-- Well, all right. I also finally got my alternate domain name "catrinlewiswriter.com" pointed at my website, and did some updating to said website. Won't be happy with it, though, till I get a couple more books out.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  23. OurJud

Made another wallet. I must be getting better at this lark. This one only took me 40 minutes.

24. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

As a vinyl enthusiast that image bothers me. Thank you though lmao. I`m not getting paid, but unemployment should be kicking in whenever the overwhelmed system gets to me. At least they have guaranteed us all our jobs when they open back up in June so there`s that.

I still need to figure out how the company health insurance which I just got on (started April 1st) is effected in this.

OT: Nothing yet, I did get up and eat breakfast. I wanted to try and use today to do a little more...it`s like one pm now...time isn`t real anymore...

Just found out it was Palm Sunday...really slipping here. If I can just pick up a little, trim my hair, shave, and shower I think i`ll chalk it up for a win.

25. Cave Troll

IDK, trying to sift through the boredom.
    Sure to figure something out. :)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.