What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

We open next week, so im in an all staff zoom meeting to talk about whats going to happen next. waiting around until the meeting actually starts.... People are having technical difficulties so everyone is basically muted and bored

LucatheRat, Kinzvlle, EFMingo and 3 others like this.
  2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Back home. Somehow, I'm fucking exhausted. Didn't do much of anything, save walk around worksites, pointing at things and asshats not wearing masks. Trying to get me in trouble with the law, ass bite?

Least I've got lunch already cooked. Missed that. Time to eat.

3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I hate Zoom. The whole family were trying to get me to join in on their ‘meetings’ during C. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Malisky and Steve Rivers like this.
  4. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Alright, story one of the month down. Hard science fiction in a combination style of the 50's and 60's writers of the same genre. But of a struggle research-wise, and I'm not entirely set on it, but 5800 or so words isn't half bad. Turned it in on the deadline by only a couple minutes. Hallelujah though, I'm glad that's done for now and in round to be edited for class.

Next story due on Monday. Another one around 4500 to 5000 words I think. Little into at around 2000 right now, but have quite a ways to go. Need to get it down first, then the edit roll before turn in. Character drama and a total flip from the one I just turned in. Blegh. I'm slow. This is a struggle.

LucatheRat, Rzero, Malisky and 4 others like this.
  5. Moon

Good morning, forumies. Brand new day is here and damn does it feel good to wake up to the smell of pancakes and freshly ground coffee beans.

Been writing poems as of late. Practicing simplifying without sounding mechanical and such. Went well with last nights poem. Gonna write some more later. Have to pickup the acoustic and practice for an hour or two.

Have a good day, folks. Stay safe out there.

Kinzvlle, Malisky, LucatheRat and 6 others like this.
  6. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

Trying not to focus on opening on monday. Had a team meeting today... Im a little overwhelmed by opening procedures once i saw it written out on paper. Im hoping it will be easier once i i am there on site versus reading a bullet point list of what to do and what not to do:(

7. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I am currently doing the above... writing a bunch of dos and donts bullet points on paper!

Moon and Kinzvlle like this.
  8. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Watching kittens being born on a live feed:

EDIT--Attached the record video. Five kittens with their placentas out, all guzzling away at the milkbar.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Steve Rivers, love to read and Moon like this.
  9. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

Checking out the job market North of the border and reading up on the various services like dental care and broadband.
    I've also written out a breakdown of how much I need to earn per day and/or per hour. Now I can immediately discard jobs if the hourly wage is too low without having to grab my phone.

10. Moon

Eating cashews while the world outside burns a bit. Day was swell. Tonight is looking great, too.

Was thinking on how much I dislike overly religious types (the preachy ones) when a quote hit me. Won't repeat it, since, well, I just said why. Love myself too much. It did get me thinking about life outside nowadays though.

Anyway, here's hoping everything will open up again on Monday. Be nice to see some normalcy.

Have a goodnight, folks. Take care of yourselves, ya hear? :agreed:

Kinzvlle and love to read like this.
  11. Catrin Lewis

This makes so much sense. I get so annoyed when people tell you to take just any job, when it won't make you enough to live on.

12. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Not being asleep and being eaten alive by anxiety and the overwhelming nature of the world.

13. Moon

I understand what you mean and this might not mean anything to you, but the world will always be the world, ya know? Be a little selfish, your inner world deserves your attention far more than external events beyond your control do.

On topic: A raven woke me up this morning. It had this deep "kaw" that seemed akin to laughter, though...of a darker variety. I loved it.

Now I have to study for a bit then it's off to visit my in-law. Tactless tongue be still....

Have a good day, people!

14. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Having a horrific realization. Details in the Not Happy thread

15. flawed personality

I very literally can't afford to. I have a salary minimum to achieve otherwise we won't qualify for a visa.
    Unless I can have £16,000 in savings...but I don't see that happening somehow.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  16. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Lurking. I am lurking.

Except now I've alerted you to my presence, and now I must go.

17. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superidea:
    [​IMG]

18. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

I wish I were this cute. I mean ominous.

19. Catrin Lewis

I had a Zoom writers' meeting last Tuesday. My wonky built-in webcam worked better than I thought it would, but it was annoying not to be able to finish my dinner while I listened to the speaker. I never considered how ungainly eating and drinking looks on camera.

Dogberry's Watch and Cave Troll like this.
  20. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

How long do you have to show that earned income level for to qualify?

21. Moon

Sitting in my place "listening" to the in-law talk about his "vision of humanity" an all that. Very boring. Worse still....I can't kick him out. Not yet anyway.

I do wonder though, could I lure that squirrel that lives in the tree next to my window into my apartment? Think I have some peanuts around here...

22. OurJud

Cute? He looks sinister. Like he's probably holding an axe in the right paw you can't see.

Ooh, I see you alluded to that already. Must read posts more thoroughly.

23. Dogberry's Watch

I will be ominously cute one day. I shall make it my goal.

24. flawed personality

A minimum of 6 months for the first visa. But it will take 5 years in total to reach the ultimate goal of indefinite leave to remain. So I need to stay in that income or above for 5.5-6 years altogether.

Moon and Cave Troll like this.
  25. OurJud

What I'm doing is starting to doubt the world will ever come out the other side of Covid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.