What are your plans for the day?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kit, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welll... well... you're mean!

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what i do every single day of the year... i'm online by 6:30 am or sooner, come here and to the other sites i monitor daily, while eating breakfast, after i finish dealing with the mail that dropped in overnight...

after i get through with the sites, i then work on all the material that's come in for critique/help/mentoring, which can take me up to dinnertime [2-3pm]... after an hour's break or so for that, i go back to the work i'm helping folks with and go offline around 8pm, to relax with tv/acrostics/jigsaw till bedtime at 11...

in between, i answer mail as it comes in, do what's needed to run the donation center for the islanders here that i set up in the other half of my freebie duplex and deal with whoever comes by [in the flesh] for help with whatever, hoofing it across the street to the shops for groceries, as needed...

currently, the 'whatever' includes editing a massive work on the development of the a-bomb and the role tinian played in the start of the nuclear weapons age, for which a local historian also needs help to snag an agent/publisher... along with doing what i can to get a shelter set up for abused women, establish an international peace center here, and help my main local projects supporter with all aspects of her job as 'facilitation consultant' to get the local clinic/hospital running more smoothly/efficiently... 'spare' time is sparse, as you can well imagine...

at 11, i read a few pages of the current 'junk read fix' i'm on and then sleep like a baby!

3. Kit

Wow another one of us with a very busy schedule... eeep.

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Gah! Thats a lot.
    I was happy to wake up, shower, shave, eat, and teach two 80 minute classes today. The classes involved me basically just pointed at people and saying "SPEAK!" I also gave candy to the students who "SPOKE!" without me having to actually say anything.
    Now I have to go out and buy more candy for my 1:30 class.
    I may also phone some people tonight, and probably review some stories.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

hahaha. Hmmm... I am at lunch. I plan to eat lunch. I must then force myself to go back to work. I must force myself to not quit until after christmas because I need to pay for presents. I must also force myself not to murder annoying customers so I will settle for glaring and bitching. I will suffer the heat of the day which sucks because it aint even summer yet and then drive home. Where I will have five minutes rest, then run around like a chook with it's head cut off to go shopping. Get some tea. Have a shower, relax some more then go to bed late. And probably being too lazy to wash my work clothes for the next day!

6. Weaselword

Weaselword Banned

7. Kit

Well i'm at work until 1.30pm then walking home which will take me thirty minutes ish then i'll do work for school and then at 3.15 I have a driving lesson. After that, i'll make food and probably watch a film.

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I'm currently waiting for a call from my possible girlfriend. She had a long day of boring work, and may still be at it. So thats postponing a phone call to my Mom, which I promised to make when I couldn't get a good connection to her yesterday.
    Then I really, really want to go to bed.

9. Kit

Awww what time is it there? And good luck with your possible girlfriend...

10. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I've got nothing planned... probs just end up going on a game and wasting a day.
    I also could study for my Deploma, but I doupt I will be. :p

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

It's 5:30pm here. But I didn't sleep that well, and my classes were chaotic. Partly on purpose, but still tiring.

12. Kit

Whats your diploma in? What games do you like?

13. Kit

Awwww well I hope you get better sleep today and feel bright and energetic when you wake up :D

14. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

An IT Deploma... it's quite good, i'm enjoying the course a lot even though i'm like Small Pox to a computer, I just have to be near them and they explode :( but it's enjoyable and I would recomend it.

And I like any games really, mostly adventure, horror and racing... like Silent Hill, Grand Torismo, or somthing.

How about you?

15. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

If I don't sleep well tonight, tomorrow I'm sleeping in. I don't have any classes, and I'm pretty sure any plans I make with the girl about tomorrow will be sometime in the afternoon, I think she works all day.
    And if she doesn't thats why they invented caffeine.

16. Kit

What do I study or what games do I like? lol.

I study History, French, Spanish and ICT - computers don't explode when i'm near them usually. *sticks tongue out*

I like the same games as you :D

Awwww. I've been really tired lately... going to bed like 2 hours earlier than usual and then getting up later as well. Good luck with your plans and stay away from caffeine!!! Its horrible and icky!

17. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

well, today i think i will get a shower,, wash my hair, spend a good hour or so putting on some make-up and doing my hair then go out with Rachel and Scott if he'll come up to see us. hopefully be a laugh :)

18. Kit

Have fun! :) I was too lazy to get a shower when i first got up and almost made myself late for work.

19. Heather Louise

lol, i won't be getting in until after dinner at least. i am glad that scott works till 4 c'os it means ai don't have to be out early :p

20. Kit

Lmao. Lazy lazy girl.

21. Heather Louise

so, it's fun. i was very sad this morning when i woke up at only half 9!! :eek:

22. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Well I could do what I did one day when I hadn't slept and had to work early in the morning. Every time there was a break, or I had the students busy writing, I'd walk out get out of sight under some stairs and slap my cheeks really hard. That kept me going, but stung.

23. Kit

AWWWWW lol poor cheeks... I wonder what people would have thought if they had actually seen you.... lol.

24. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Probably confirm what they suspected already, their teacher is insane.
    I accidentally slapped myself in front of them already. I was listening to one of them talk, and a mosquito buzzed my ear, so I slapped it, and gave myself a resounding slap across the face.
    They got a good laugh out of it.

25. Heather Louise

hahaa,, poor Dom. i couldn't just imagine that, the crazy guy at the front slapping himself. :p i'm sure they'll have known a mosquito was there though ;)