What book did Hollywood ruin for you?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Normal, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Cornflower

Cornflower Member

Technically in my opinion they the went off the wrong track with Hp movie 3 the first two were ok the others aren't

2. J_Jammer

J_Jammer Banned

They Harry Potter movies are fantastic. The books are overly detailed and there's no way any person in this entire world could ever adapt it perfectly.

Which is why I dislike the "The book is better" crowd. That goes without saying.

Except for Twilight. I read one page and couldn't bother. I dropped it back to hell from where it spewed forth. :D

3. gardeniasandhens

gardeniasandhens New Member

Twilight. No question about it. The books were pretty good. The movies....not so much

4. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Disagree. While I did not particularly enjoy it, I was able to make it through the movie. I lasted about 4 chapters into the book, and that was only through supreme effort.

Eragon I found of comparable merit in either medium. I put the book down in the prologue, and turned the movie off after five minutes.

5. Mystic_snowfang

Mystic_snowfang New Member

*shudders* I'm really not sure what I disliked more. I can't make it through much of either of them.

But books ruined by movies... *ponders*

Dune... just... Dune

6. ~BORNtoWRITE~

~BORNtoWRITE~ New Member

To be honest, I genuinely thought the movie The Notebook was better than the book. No offense to Sparks of course, I love him. The movie The Last Song is very unfortunate, my favorite book of his and Miley Cyrus ruined it. :/