1. Michail Bulgakov

Michail Bulgakov New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Michail Bulgakov, Jan 21, 2016.

I'm new here trying to find my way around.
    I'm working on a science-fiction-fantasy-thriller. Initially I thought it would be a piece of cake to write a book in a year or maybe two at most. Now, after five years of hard work leaving it unfinished would just be too depressing, so I really want to finish it. I have never written fiction before and I started out with an unbelievably complicated story that basically wants to explore the nature of human consciousness, it's relation to reality (whatever that is) and, well, the meaning of life. For the novel I have done research on WW II, neurobiology, neurotheology, Finno-ugric shamanism, psychoactive drugs, alleged alien life-forms and Soviet psychiatry, among other things. I do understand that I suffer from megalomania, but hey, that's me.
    As you can understand, I am in desperate need of advice. Both on grammar and such, but mostly on the overall structure and how to make the different storylines work together.