1. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

General Stupid Antics Discussion Area

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alone And Tired, Aug 18, 2008.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."- Albert Einstein

Hey, I saw a thread about the maddest things people have done. I thought I would ask a bit of a different question and inquire about any random stupid things people have done over their times (as I haven't done anything that intense or action-packed). This could be fun!

So, what stupid things have you been up to? :D

2. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

- Skateboarded down a steep incline on Signal Hill two weeks ago. Pretty much just flew off, tumbled down for quite a while, before rolling onto a patch of grass. I chipped a few nails and was bleeding profusely from my left knee. My brother did the same thing, with the same outcome, except he got up, and said, " Woah. Let's do that again."

- Lipsynching Barry White on a hairbrush to some girl friends at a sleepover, lol.

- Hollering " WORD, MAH SISTAH", to my sister. (I had my reasons.)

Those are the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

3. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

When I was 8-10, I tried to jump 2 bales of hay I used for archery on a little Mongoose bike. I got maybe 3 inches out of the 2 feet needed to clear the bales, flipped over, and flew into a tree. Suprisingly, it didn't hurt all that bad. :D

4. Alone And Tired

Well I'm glad it didn't hurt as bad as it sounds.
    I hid behind a plant in my friend's house with another friend. It was so obvious we were there and his dad came round the corner and just looked at us wondering what we were doing... a bit embarassing to say the least
    When my band was playing their first gig, they trusted me with the duties of backing vocals. When my part came up, instead of doing the right thing I screamed down the microphone loudly and with a very high pitch. People were actually in pain haha
    I've done much more than just that

5. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Take my dad's climbing rope and make a zipline in the cottonwood tree in our field. I climbed as high as I could possibly get to attach it to the tree, and it ended up being about thirty feet tall. There was nothing in the field to tie the other end to, so I tied it to the trailer hitch of the mini-van and just drove out until the rope stopped the van from going any farther. I had to cut the rope when I was done because I couldn't undo the knot, and no-one else would go down it because they didn't dare try the climb up the tree.

Climbed another really tall tree all the way up to the top where the trunk narrows down to two inches thick, and the brances you are standing on are less than half an inch. It really sucked once the wind started blowing.

Ride my bike around in the middle of winter after an ice storm. It made it so all the snow was able to hold my weight, so I could go anywhere. It's really fun to go up and down the snow hills that snowplows leave behind on the side of the road.

6. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

I did a small gig once as a favor for my brother. I accidentally knocked my front teeth on the microphone when I was bending over to talk, lol.

7. Alone And Tired

lol basically any time I speak at a gig is embarassing. I was introducing a song then someone cheered so I cheered back louder and then it ended in a competition to see who could shout the loudest.

8. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I have a tendency to accidentley switch words around, I think they're called spoonerisms. Like, "I'll movie you my show."

I also have hurt myself in many ways, most recently splitting my chin on a boat.

9. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

When I was 10, we lived out in the mountains and our neighbors had alot of farm animals. One day, their goose came into our yard and 10 of our cats were surrounding it. My mom made me go outside to try to scare the cats away from the poor bird and the damn thing chased me and bit my stomach. I don't like large birds...

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I do random stupid stuff all the time...
    Once I decided it would be cool to get really drunk and hung upside down from a tree... I made a visit to the hospital an hour later. Wasn't the smartest idea I ever had!
    Lastnight it was raining, and it hadn't rained in days and had been quite warm. I love winter and it is meant to be winter. So cause it was raining I decided I would go lay down in the driveway and enjoy the rain. The police pulled into my driveway and almost ran me over. Was quite stupid not to shut the gate I think! :p

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I've done too many stupid things... one that comes to mind was letting my brother talk me into sneaking out of the house and going surfing with him with a hurricane on the way.

The swells were getting huge and I was ready to quit after just one more ride. Of course that's the one that always gets you. Lost my balance, the surf was pounding me to the bottom, my board shot up in the air and came back down just as I finally surfaced, knocking me out.

Thankfully my brother dragged me to the beach, and *gag* gave me mouth to mouth. After thanking him for saving my life, we both agreed to never mention it again and we haven't. Mom of course went crazy on us when we got back for sneaking out. I think that was the first time I ever heard her use a foul word or two.

12. maddiemae

maddiemae Member

You all are sooooooooo funny! I love this. It's so important to keep our perspective regarding us, who we are. Never get too serious!!

A few years ago, out in the mountains, I got thrown from an 'onery quarter horse. I rolled down a hill, broke all the ribs on the right side of my back and punctured a lung. My seven year old daughter asked my sister-in-law what I did to 'Nick', the horse, to make him mad. Then, while I lay there for 4 hours with my head in my mother-in-laws lap, waiting for a country quick repsonse team, we watched some big birds fly around above us in circles and joked about buzzards. I got back on that horse three months later (that's the mad part) and then he got sold to chase cows.

13. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Well, on a lighter note...On a dare, late at night...my brother and I decided it would be a good idea to climb a statue of a guy on his horse in the middle of down town. Yeah, not so much...the thing is tall and steep. We discovered just how slippery bronze is when covered in a light mist of fog.
    We both fell off and rolled down the hill onto the sidewalk. Lucky for us, nothing was bruised but our pride...and too think, we were listening to our other brother who, I might add, was laughing his @ss off.:rolleyes::redface::mad:

14. CDRW

Dang it people, stop 1-uping me!

15. CDRW

Ok, I wasn't serious about that. Keep posting. :rolleyes:

16. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Hmmm... Dumb things I've done... >_>

Ok, one of the most ridiculously thoughtless things I did was one night I had a friend over for a few drinks... Later on in the night, we were just sitting at my kitchen table, a fair bit tipsy, when I happened to spill a bottle of nail polish remover all over the table. What does my inebriated mind suddenly think? I wonder if nail polish remover is flammable...

In case any of you are wondering - it is. ;)

17. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Wow. :eek: Well, atleast you learned something new. :p

18. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Ok I didn't get much sleep today... so while I was at a friends place, I crawled into her cupboard and had a 5 minute snooze. It was surprisingly comfortable actually... :p hehe! (only bad thing being she got a pick and it is now on her facebook ><)

19. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

lol - Yeah, I learnt that setting fire to things is a great way to get real sober real quick! :eek:

20. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

On a drunken dare, I once completely depilated my chest with an Epilady. The memory makes me twitch to this day.

I also once went swimming in Lake Washington in Melbourne, Florida. There are alligators in Lake Washington. Chomp, chomp!

21. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Wreybies... I bow at your feet. I didn't last five minutes with the Epilady... it was Excruciating!!! Never tried it drunk though, probably because I threw the thing in the garbage at five minutes one second. The first thing I bought after getting a real job was a year of laser hair removal. Totally painless, except on the bank account. :)

22. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Pshhhh. Wussies. I used to do my legs with an Epilady once a month.

Actually, this involves a stupid thing my friend did. He was over while I was using this devil contraption, and he took it from me and put in on his head. The gentleman has a thick head of hair, and the Epilady took out a big chunk of it, and subsequently would not work.

After that, I gave up and started shaving.

23. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

lmao ^ sorry but the last comment there was funny

24. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It think it would be quite apropos to say that he jerked his hair out.

25. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I have to wonder if there are any class-action lawsuits concerning the Epilady. They left the market rather quickly...