Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.

Bulk or Break it up

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Dresden260, Dec 1, 2011.

I have a chapter that i want to post for review but its long. I was wondering if it would be best to shatter it into little tiny pieces or just post the entire damn thing. I don"t want people to review the bulk then get bored and half ass the thing because of it. Any Ideas?

2. FoxPaw

FoxPaw New Member

Talking about spacing? I'd separate all the paragraphs so there's a line of space in between them, even if it's just a small line of dialogue. That makes it easier to read and tell when a new paragraph starts.

If you're talking about whether to post a chapter or not, then it might get daunting if it's a lot in one post. I posted a full chapter of around three thousand words a couple days ago, but if you're talking around eight or ten thousand (or more) then yeah, it's probably best if you split it in half. (Personal opinion. You might wanna ask Banzai directly if you're still concerned.) The critiques you get for the first part might help you with the second part.

3. Colin Ruggles

Colin Ruggles New Member

I would say, If you are able to break the chapter into smaller blocks that still make sense and do not take too much away from what the chapter is about, then you should try to submit it in those blocks. If however, the chapter must be kept together to make sense then that is the way to go.

Whatever you decide, I hope you are able to get the critique you require to help you expand.

I look forward to reading your writing, whatever you decide.

4. L a u r a

L a u r a New Member

Maybe you could start with an excerpt from the chapter and, after you get some reviews, post a second piece of it (if you still need help).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.