1. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

=[...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alice in Wonderland, Aug 19, 2007.

I'm worried that I have a social disorder...

I was in this class the other day that I'm doing and I had to work up the courage for 15 minutes to ask someone where the scanner was. The lesson before that I left half an hour early because I didn't want to ask.

I don't want to apply for jobs where the main thing to do is to talk with people I don't know. I'd quite like to do a job in a team though. With people I can see every day and get to know.

I hate going outside because I feel like people are always looking at me... And I feel like everything I do is pointless and I just feel helpless so much.

I like the internet because I can build relationships with people without meeting them in person. I guess by the time we do meet we already know each other so it doesn't matter about first impressions...

I don't know why I'm posting this. I want someone to know. I've told my mum some of it but she thinks it's because I'm a teenager.

You can give some advice or something but I'd just like to talk to someone to be honest. I feel really down.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Alice I don't think you have a social disorder at all. I think you just have alittle low self esteem at the moment and maybe insecure.

I know what it is like to not want to ask for help, if I can't figure things out on my own I tend to quit the job and go back to working outdoors on farms and nurseries where the work kills me cause I have a bad back.

I also avoid people as much as I can. But I do it as I am insecure and living in such a small town people gossip so much that I just don't want to be a part of this community anymore.

It is good to talk about things like this though Alice as you tend to find others that are in the same boat as you and talking even with people that aren't always does help out just by getting it off your chest.

Torana

3. Alice in Wonderland

=) I knew you'd be the first person to post! *Huggle*

Maybe you are right and I am just insecure. I blame being at school for that... =[ And now I'm out of school I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm sorta in headless chicken mode. No matter what anyone suggests or says it doesn't help.

You have a farm? =O I want a farm!

4. Torana

Yeah I couldn't help but post sweety :D <huggles>

Nah I don't have a farm but there are always farms around to work on hey.

But yeah I was like that when I left school too. It is a huge step going from having your life mapped out by going to school every day to going out of school and having to do the thinking for yourself if that makes sense.

I still find every thing pretty daunting and apparently it does get easier. Just let me know when cause that would be awesome to know :D

It is hard hey cause you listen and listen to what eveyrone says and then you walk away and you are just sitting there going...."Yeah ok but I still don't see it differently. What is wrong with me?"

I am always like a headless chicken though. Everyone always tells me how to live my life and say I am doing everything wrong. I am doing the best I can and still it is not right or good enough.

Insecurity sucks big time hey.

And yeah I want a farm too so I can go get my horse back and have pigs too. Pigs are cute ^ ^

5. Alice in Wonderland

What is it with people wanting to control you all the time, eh? D=

It's annoying how people think they know what you are going through and try to help when what they are saying is screaming at you that they haven't really understood you. No matter how many times I explain my situation to people I always get the same answers, like it's programmed into people.

Lots of people I know think farm animals are ugly but I think they are cute. ^^ I want chickens and a house pig. My friend has a horsie.

6. Torana

I know it just makes you want to scream back at them half the time I think.

I just wish sometimes people would listen and not talk back to be honest cause most of them just make you feel worse than you did before they spoke.

ANd yeah farm animals are awesome, specially piglets lol ^ ^

7. Alice in Wonderland

Yeah. Listeners are good. There aren't enough of them in the world. D= I'm a good listener but then I don't know what to say when it's time to stop listening... >.<

Pink and black piglets are my favourite. So confused in their colour! =D

I just scored a 133 on an IQ test... o.o Can I join Mensa now? xD

8. Torana

Yeah listening is always the easiest way to go hey. I am always good at listening ^ ^

As for mensa....what is that?

And yeah it is cute how they are so confused in their collour lol my favourites too :D

9. Alice in Wonderland

I said to mum today: "I'd rather listen because I don't want to tell people about myself and people always seem to want me to know everything about them." I thought that was the most profound thing I've ever said. xD

Mensa is some English club that you have to have a high IQ to get in. It's funny really. Me and Dad always take the piss. My dad could easily be a member but he's too smart for them. xD

10. Torana

I have said the same thing a number of times to various people lol I had one guy tell me his life story from the day he was born and it was very very long!!

Mensa sounds pretty good. I don't tell people my IQ score. I like how I am perseived on the forum and people needn't see me any differently. Although mensa does sound like a lot of fun to me.

But don't stress over it too much Alice. You are find how you are sweety. You just have a lot going on right now and probably suffering from a lack of self esteem in certain areas and feel insecure. I am sure that over time you will adjust though and the world will have a huge shock when you do too.

Cause you seem like a awesome person and I think once you are more confident you will blow people away!!! :D

11. Alice in Wonderland

Mensa isn't fun! xD It's a bunch of smart-assed people drinking tea and wearing graduate hats. D= They are a bunch of toss pots!

I feel better than earlier now, thanks. ^^ I guess I did just need a bit of a rant about how I felt. And there's no need for flattery as I have nothing to give to you. xD Here, have this cookie I took from D_OZ. ^^

Look out world! Here I come!

After a bit of sleep of course. >.>

12. Torana

Oh ok mensa don'tound that good now lol

And yeah ranting can always help ^ ^ I did that once bout my ex and it turned into a short story hehehe flattery gets you stolen cookies so tis all good ^ ^ Now I can use it to bride Hulls Raven hehehehe

But yes after some sleep Alice the world had better watch out hehehehehe!!!!!

And you are welcome Alice!

13. Alice in Wonderland

:love: nanight you cunning cookie thief!

*Canives her way to bed cackling.*

14. Torana

Goodnight Alice enjoy your sleep!

Oh Raven I have a cookie for you! hehehehehe

<wonders off to go find Raven to bride him to change her username to be red instead of green>

15. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

That was a good (if somewhat freaky :p) story.

And I believe this is conclusive proof that Torana is the cookie thief.

16. Torana

Yeah and that story is better now cause I edited it heaps lol

ANd no it proves Alice is the theif actually!

17. Banzai

You took the stolen goods, therefore you are an accessory to cookie theft, and therefore you would recieve the same punishment as the thief, so point for point, you might as well be the thief :D Hehe, I'm gonna make one kick-ass lawyer :p

18. Torana

You are going to make one kick ass ornament in my garden too by the way.

Under the apple tree will do then the apples can hit you on the head!!!

19. Banzai

Haha! That was a good come back. Made me laugh. Kudos :p

20. Torana

I am so good lol

CACKLEBIRD ALERT! lol I love this word it is so much fun lol

21. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Well, Alice is gone, but as an add-on, Tor is right. You don't need to worry about a disorder.

22. Raven

Raven Banned

Interesting topic. ;)

23. Torana

It is most definately!!! :p

24. Raven

Raven Banned

Well I think its risking the off topic boarder. ;)

25. Torana

Sorry my apologies! Back on topic now.

Alice you really needn't worry hun, there is no way that you have a personality disorder. :p