1. Klevis

Klevis New Member

Any Romance For Boys

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Klevis, Apr 11, 2009.

Right. Basically I'm Male. I like reading. I hadn't really thought about Romance books until now. I've reading some Fantasy, Action/Adventure books with just that hint of Romance, and to be honest I quite liked it. Weirdly exciting.

So I thought okay I'll try reading a few Romantic Books. Went down to my library and looked around. Bought a few books back, read them. Problem is, I didn't really like them. In all the books I burrowed all of the main characters were girls. Now i'm not being sexist or anything but when I read a Romantic novel with a Girl main I don't really understand it, and I don't feel like I'm connecting with the characters or the book itself. It doesn't have that electric feeling.

So can anyone suggest any (GOOD) Romance books with a Male main? Would be greatly appreciated.

2. laurelin

laurelin New Member

Hm...you might try "Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami. I haven't actually read it yet, but it's the next Murakami book I'm planning to pick up and from the synopsis, it seems to be what you're looking for. Personally, from what I've read of this author's work, I really love his style although it is eccentric, but apparently Norwegian Wood is one of his most "accessible" works.

3. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Oh, gosh, you've come to the right place, lol. Here are a few off the top of my head:

- Flipped
    - Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
    - Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
    - Candy by Kevin Brooks
    - A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

4. ManicParroT

ManicParroT New Member

I've enjoyed two (2) romance books in my entire life.

Daz 4 Zoe and Rabbit Back and Doubled.

Both of them are strictly aimed at teenagers, but I enjoyed the hell out of them at the time.

5. arron89

arron89 Banned

The Frog King By Adam Davies. Its uber-romantic and sweet, but hilarious, told from a male perspective and extremely well written. One of the best books I've ever read full-stop, but definitely the best love story.

6. arron89

arron89 Banned

Oh, and its not a fantasy or fairytale, despite the title (you'll get it when you read it...).
    It's a young-guy-in-New-York kinda thing. Also, its about publishing and writing, so you'll probably like it from that perspective too.