What If You Don't Wake Up While Falling?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

How can salon doors shot you? They don't have fingers to pull a trigger...or hands for that matter. :D

2. sunsplash

sunsplash Bona fide beach bum

Between the Magic City & the Conch Republic
    The only death dreams I've ever had about myself were a couple airplane ones where we were free falling, I'm usually with loved ones and we know that death is imminent and saying our "I love you's," hugging and bracing for the crash and then nothing...a dark awareness of "wow, we died, I can't believe it," and then waking up after. I've also had car crash dreams where I've gone over a bridge into water and been trapped inside, again, knowing we can't escape after trying and saying final farewells.

Falling dreams I always wake on impact and jerk so badly that it feels like I actually landed on my mattress.

I'm an active sleeper, sometimes walk and apparently talk all the time. One that sticks with me is when I lost one of my kids in my bed. I think it was with my daughter. We'd coslept for awhile and months after she'd been in her own room and crib, I dreamt that she was back in bed with us and I couldn't find her. I sat up, and feeling all over the bed thinking she rolled elsewhere, then panic thinking she fell on the floor. I got up walked around and couldn't find her then realized she was in her room and I was dreaming, so I laid back down and everything happened again. It was a dream within a dream, I was dreaming that I'd dreamt she was missing and was looking for her, and when I finally woke up I was sitting on the bed with all the sheets balled up in a pile having acted out the entire thing and talking about how I couldn't find her, and my husband staring at me having witnessed the whole thing and not knowing if I was actually awake or having another physical dream...and then my realizing I'm now awake, she's safe in her room, and my overactive subconscious got the best of me again, lol.

Other dreams within dreams that I've had are of a grandparent dying. In the dream's dream, one died and I'm really upset, but I then wake up and myself in the regular dream is confused about if it was real or not. Then when wake up for real, I remember both dreams and the confusion carries over for a few moments until I realize that I am really awake this time and no one is dead.

I have a recurring childhood dream from when I was about 4 and I have it about twice a year. It's at the house the from that time, my dad's at work, and I'm my little kid self home with my mom. She comes to tell me we need to hide quickly from The Big Bad Wolf and run to her bedroom and hide under the covers. We are silent and still and hear him walk slowly in our room and I'm peeking under the sheet seeing just the hind legs walking upright all around the bed, and when he can't find us he leaves, and we have a sigh of relief and I wake up. That dream, for some reason, is as tense and scary a quarter century later as it was when I was little.

My favorite dreams are flying dreams and I only have them a few times a month. I get a running start, jump, and woosh! I fly anywhere and everywhere. I also have dreams where I want to fly, do my regular run and jump and try but can only flutter for a second or two before being back on the ground, lol. Those are extremely frustrating!

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Haha :D No, I was shot beside it, but I don't know who shot me. Although, it could've been the salon doors...
    Anything can happen in dreams.

4. Lewdog

I get those flying dreams all the time, they are so amazing...and depressing at the same time because when I wake up I fly like a rock.

sunsplash likes this.
  5. HelloThere

HelloThere Senior Member

When you wake up with a jerk as if you just fell it's because your body is shutting down all its senses for the night, however your brain hasn't quite gone fully unconscious yet and so registers the fact that you aren't feeling anything and translates this into being suspended in mid air, which makes you panic and jolt awake.

6. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I had a dream almost thirty years ago that two guys that looked like Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top and a Wolfman looking dude were chasing me at my grandfather's camp. The scenery inside and out was exact.
    At one point in the dream, one of the Billy Gibbons guys pulled out a revolver and shot me in the back as I was running up onto the screened porch. The bullets hit in the exact same spot in the middle of my back, each one pushing the previous bullet in a little deeper.
    I can remember vividly the feeling of the bullets entering and the dull clank they made as they hit each other. I didn't die, however. I got back on my feet and went inside and hid in the bedroom.

7. Augen Blick

Augen Blick Member

I think back when i was more psychotic, neurotic, and every other otic,
    I had a dream once where I was told i was going to be strangled by a someone.
    then my brother told my niece the following day he dreamt i was being strangled by a monster.

It still creeps me out.

lewdog, i trust your not the boston strangler,

phew, that feels better.

8. Lewdog

No I've never been to Boston, but...oh nevermind. :eek::D

9. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Nothing gets past you, Maia ;)