What is noticed about you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pierce, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie New Member

Farmville, VA. Yep, it's not just your least favor
    Agreed!

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

You know, now that you've brought that up, I always hesitate when I want to compliment someone on their eyes. Man or woman saying it, I think "you have beautiful eyes" has kind of become one of those go-to safe bet compliments, so I always wonder if people will take me seriously when I tell them or just think I couldn't come up with any real conversation.

And since you brought up that people have only been mentioning physical things we're known for, I'll give some non-physical attributes I'm known for.

I may have already said this, but people often observe that every time they see me, I'm carrying a notebook.

People always ask why I carry so much stuff. For instance, at work I carry a pink clipboard (one of the kind that you can open and store stuff in), a second regular clipboard with everyone's job assignments for the day, our sales goals, etc, and then I carry an assortment of paperwork that usually stacks three or four inches high at least. On top of that, I often have cleaning supplies (I gots to keep my furniture clean!) or a pricing gun. Also, when I go to my parents' house, I usually bring the bag with all my wedding planning stuff in it, my laptop, and a backpack. Even if we'll only be there for an hour. I like to be prepared. ;)

Finally, people often comment on how quickly I walk. I wasn't aware that I walked abnormally fast, but apparently I do...I guess I've just got more to do than the average person, so I need to move twice as fast to do it.

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

People always point out my love of reading and books, and my reputation is more of the "smart kid", something I'm proud of. :D I'm also told I'm skinny and that I have a great butt, and I get compliments on my eyes. I love my eyes. They're big and brown and clear with long eyelashes, and when I smile even the teeniest bit, my eyes just sparkle.

I feel conceited. :redface:

I love my eyes though. And I love the ability of my hair to look amazing even when I haven't brushed it, or in the morning when I haven't washed it yet either. Thank God for good genetics and good graces, huh? :p

4. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

wow twinness strikes again

I have the same reading and "smart kid" thing
    I'm told I'm skinny and gt compliments on my eyes (though they're a hazel green/brown color, not brown. But I do have long lashes :D)

And I too love both my hair and my eyes :D

ok sorry, just had the point out the twin similarities in there :p

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I am seriously starting to think this is a Parent Trap thing between you and me. :D

6. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Maybe!

except for the fact my parents are married and have never been married before...

but it is a little scary how twin-like we really are!

7. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I'm actually quiet shy. It takes me quiet a while to allow someone to see the real me (if i have a real me), which would probably not be expected with somebody having long hair and tattoos down their arms and maybe a metal shirt on depending on the situation. Everyone thinks i have a story.

Sometimes it even takes me a few beers to open to some people.

8. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

It sounds like you're describing me! When I was about 14 wherever I went there would be a litter of debris in my wake. I would go into the dining room an hour or two before dinner with my various 'projects' and hijack the dining table. My parents would say "here she comes with her paraphernelia!"

It would normally be at least 2 books (in case I changed my mind), a magazine, a notepad for writing, a drawing pad, games console... I would also go to bed with my arsenal of 'stuff' and fall asleep amongst it with it all on the bed.

Now, when I visit my parents I usually bring my notepad and laptop in case I feel the urge to write/blog/chat. They say "We were under the illusion you were actually visiting us"

Maybe it's a writer thing!

(I also go everywhere Godspeed. I really don't understand people who meander on pavements - taking up space and blocking people like us who have busy lives!)

9. Fabulosa

Fabulosa New Member

What people notice about me....

Hmm, if I am totally honest, I have mostly been complemented on having a nice ass! Its round, perky, firm and has always just 'been there', quietly supporting me behind the scenes, and causing me very little grief, unlike all the other bits and pieces attached. I suppose you could call it my best ass-et! (sorry).

Personality wise, a lot of people have remarked that I am very presentable and can handle myself in any company and 'always know what to say and how to act'. Which is ironic because I am actually a dithering ball of indecision and spent my first 25 years or so paralysed by shyness and hiding behind an array of lame personaes which eventually morphed together to form the smooth package people mistake me for today! Well at least I have a good ass.... :rolleyes:

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Does that mean people in RL call you Fabulassa?

I apologize, but that popped into my twisted brain the moment I read your response.

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Does that mean people in RL call you Fabulassa?

I apologize, but that popped into my twisted brain the moment I read your response.

12. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    Physically, I'm complimented on my eyes and told to quit wearing the dark glasses that shield them. I'm fairly short, I'm probably 5' 6" on a good day. People are bound to notice that. I've also been told by my girlfriend that i have very feminine hands.

Personality wise, I stick the out. I don't mean this in that I am intentionally eccentric (though I can be), but I suffer from PTSD and a much minor case of OCD. The OCD is mostly evident in occasionally putting things in my pockets, specifically pencils/pens, letter openers, anything that can poke me i want either on my person or the other side of the room (this only happens when i'm very stressed). I also don't sleep much add that to the above and I'm more than a little jumpy at certain hours of the day. None of this is to say i'm not healthy, because I am. I've long since overcome most of this, but there are definite things people still notice.

13. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

I normally have at least 4 books and 3 notepads on me (the writer's addiction to reading, obviously, but at some point I picked up a fetish for notebooks too), always wear something blue, and have expensive taste. In everything. Coffee, carpets, food, computers - even when I can't see the prices I pick the most expensive one on the list. It annoys people who buy me lunch, for example.

Also, tailor-made suits - but that probably ties into the aforementioned expensive taste and the small matter of my being an arts student (and a science student, but hey).

14. Patrick Oh!

Patrick Oh! New Member

MY odd style or long hair.
    Be loud, Or get out, S'wat I like to think.

15. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

People look at me and think I'm five years younger than I really am.

"How old are you?"

I get that question a lot.

16. writewizard

writewizard New Member

My short attention span, and that I'm a good listener. Ironic that the two should go together.

17. Irish87

Irish87 New Member

Time and again I am informed that I am not what I appear to be. I'm 6'2" (Cogito has me beat) and I don't know how much I weight, but apparently most people think I would be a fantastic football player. Automatically though I am thrust into the position of the guy who can lift heavy things, which I am quite good at. Unfortunately, however, that stereotype that I am only good at lifting heavy objects and cracking jokes leads to the idea that I am somehow naturally prone to anger or that I'm some lumbering fool. Apparently only thin or absurdly attractive people can be happy or intelligent.

I'm quite well put together emotionally, however. I don't much mind when people judge me on those terms, but it does make me smile when my friends tell me that when they first met me they were slightly afraid. The shaved head doesn't help, neither do the bear paws I have for hands or the fact my shoe size of 16. Admittedly, the worst thing about having big hands is that everything looks tiny compared to them... everything.

Only other thing I can think of is that everyone automatically assumes I'm straight because I don't have a lisp, my voice is deep, and apparently only anorexic guys are allowed to be gay. Oh well, I'm happy.

18. The Bard of Wigan

The Bard of Wigan New Member

Everything.

19. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Since I'm a big white guy in China, they notice my skin colour and size. I'm just over six feet tall, wide, a broad.
    I get stared at.