Tags:
  1. BBagsic

BBagsic New Member

What is the best topic for poem?

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by BBagsic, Dec 12, 2020.

I think the best topic is about the pandemic that we are facing right now, because everyone can relate about this topic.

2. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

The best topic for a poem is death. (You asked.)

3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

You're about 6 months too late. Poems on Covid will have been done to death by now, and it's on its way out anyway.

But to answer your question, I'll assume English is not your first language and you're asking what would be a good subject for the times. Well, poetry doesn't really work like that. There's no 'best topic' for poetry. If the poem's good it doesn't matter what the topic is.

4. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

I don't think the literary world is done publishing poems and other writing about the pandemic. It's likely something that will be written about for a long time. I do like poems that use current and/or historical events as the subject matter. And a good poem doesn't stop being a good poem even after a pandemic. I like poetry that taps into what's going on in the world. I think that's a better idea than then just a general poem that might not be so timely where it will lack the urgency that great literary works carry with them. And it's easy to say everything's been done, but that doesn't mean it can't be done in new and other ways.

BBagsic likes this.
  5. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Celebrity toilet seat covers.

Homer Potvin likes this.
  6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Dibs on Anne Hathaway!

7. CrimsonAngel

CrimsonAngel Banned

Nature?