1. ArQane

ArQane Member

What does human flesh taste like?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by ArQane, Jun 6, 2016.

Sorry for the disturbing question, but cannibalism is highly sought over in novel writing

Would anybody here happen to know what a human would taste like? I need it for the intercourse between my character and a select demon. [Veronica Kinsbe -- The Blood Wardess] if anyone is interested.

cydney and jannert like this.
  2. doggiedude

doggiedude Contributor Contributor

I know it's been described as smelling similar to pork when cooked (Long-pork is another name for human flesh.) As for taste... chicken is the only description I've seen used. I'm sure Google has some results waiting for you.

cydney, Lilly James Haro and ArQane like this.
  3. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

No amount of internet research can beat first-hand experience.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Ask Geoffrey...He knows....:superlaugh:

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  5. doggiedude

You volunteering?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. ArQane

ArQane Member

Pork and Calf so I hear. Thanks ;)
    If the cops come to my door, I'll be like
    "It's just a prank!"
    :D

7. doggiedude

I'm waiting for the obligatory "eating a woman" joke.

8. ArQane

ArQane Member

Oh yum.
    I shouldn't be in this conversation since I'm theoretically too young.
    But huehue... I won't mind :D

Just kidding

:O Now I sound like a pervert. 10/10

Luke Scott likes this.
  9. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

William Seabrook was this reporter who supposedly ate human flesh as research for his book. He described it as "like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no other person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal.”

And there was Armin Meiwes who you might've heard of, he posted on craigslist or some shit looking for a person to eat and when someone replied, he ended up saying that human meat tasted like pork but "with a stronger, slightly bitter taste".

I'm sure it's all in the seasoning, really.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  10. ArQane

ArQane Member

Seems heavily emphasized on the veal, yes. Just watched Greg Foot eat a mixture of meats that showed up similar to his human flesh report.

11. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

Only my vast wisdom.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  12. Cave Troll

Alright I will make the over burnt joke: Soylent Green is people! o_O

Regardless of how he got the meat, Seabrook probably was a genuine cannibal and described the taste of human flesh at length. According to Jungle Ways, “It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted.Jul 1, 2015

Your welcome, that will be all the muns, no thanks and hold your applause. :supergrin:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Oscar Leigh likes this.
  13. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

This comes from cannibalistic tribes found in the jungles of Africa and Indonesia during the 18th and 19th centuries who were describing the taste of missionaries. I heard it as long pig (rather than long-pork) but that's kind of like po-tay-toe po-tat-o.

14. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

On the subject, a not very authoritative but very amusing write-up of the subject can be found here:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1161/whats-really-in-spam

It's about halfway down the page, right after the nature of Spam is discussed. (And, yes, there's a connection of sorts.)

15. Shattered Shields

Shattered Shields Gratsa!

Chicken

Everything tastes like chicken

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  16. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

Pork is by far the most common one I hear. Veal has already been mentioned as well. I recall one serial killer who fed his victims to his neighbors under the guise of the meat being venison, but at least some noted it tasted odd.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  17. Samuel Lighton

Samuel Lighton Senior Member

If you're talking raw, then it's going to taste predominantly of blood. This isn't in fact haemoglobin, those of you who enjoy a nice red steak, it's myoglobin, something which is kept in the muscles, not the circulatory system. The difference is that it acts as a store in your muscles, rather than running around your body taking stuff to places.

Raw human would taste nearly exactly like a raw steak, or if you've ever had the pleasure of eating a blue cooked steak with light seasoning, it would taste mostly like that, minus the salt/pepper of the seasoning. So a copper-ish/iron-ish taste.

Caveriver likes this.
  18. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Looked it up for a book once too.

Men: sort of like lamb
    Women: sort of like pork.

The meat of women have much higher fat content than that of men, so they would taste better.

19. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Raw beef tasted of exactly nothing to me - it was like a lump of slime... :blech: This was when I tried a traditional Czech dish, which is raw minced beef with spices on the side, eaten with fried bread, and I think normally it comes with a raw egg on top too. My Czech husband didn't like it either.

Having said this, I do love raw salmon. Nothing beats salmon sashimi :coffee:

20. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

Good Lord I would never eat a person.

Do you have any idea what kinds of preservatives they're stuffed full of? How many viruses they inject themselves with?

I only eat grass/banana fed all-organic monkeys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  21. Sifunkle

Sifunkle Dis Member

That saying -- 'You are what you eat' -- Donald was never sure which part was the chicken and which the egg, but neither of those were quite to his taste. He was a farmer of the most brutal manner. He wanted to devour his own weakness as he saw it bloom in others. Sow the seeds then reap the crop. That taste of greed and idiocy... he stupidly found himself wanting more and more.

---

Point being that metaphor is always an option. A man-eating demon could use it to add insult to injury (I was going to say 'salt the wound', but that just sounds like seasoning).

Oscar Leigh and Cave Troll like this.
  22. Samuel Lighton

Samuel Lighton Senior Member

Raw minced beef is processed though, practically all the myoglobin are gone. Go to a butchers and buy a steak, sirloin or rump. Leave it out to reach room temperature, then heat a pan to it's highest heat. Season the steak lightly with sea salt and black pepper, then throw it in the pan. Give it 20 seconds, flip it, 20 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat, then flip it again. After another 20 seconds, put it on a plate for 1 minute. Ready to serve.

It's very different to minced beef, trust me.

23. Cave Troll

Well ultimately the only way to know what people taste like, is to go to a country where you might have the opportunity to get human as consumable. Or you could cut a hunk of thigh off, and pop it in the oven with some carrots and potatoes. Roast Human, just doesn't have the same ring to it. :superlaugh:

Though why in the hell would you want to eat a human? According to nature we taste bad, even sharks spit us out. :supergrin:So man has only lasted this long on the premise that we are the only animal that is willing to eat their own species, because we don't taste good to nature. :superlaugh:

Mckk and Oscar Leigh like this.
  24. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Actually, the reverse is true, we are one of the least cannibalistic species, hence why we take such moral and physical revulsion. Reptiles are far more cannibalistic, no we just don't taste very good in general.

Cave Troll likes this.
  25. Cave Troll

@Oscar Leigh The Mowry tribe (Sorry if I butchered this one :p) in New Zealand were actually cannibals up until like 2006ish. They had to sign a thing with the New Zealand government stating that they would not eat people any more. Though I am pretty sure you could go somewhere like the Sudan, or some other country with a crazy hostile living conditions. And for enough money could possibly get a chance to try people kebabs. Though I don't think human tar tar would be a wise choice, considering all the chemicals and pharmaceuticals. (So don't eat hippies, you might just go on a trip man.) :p

So remember kids, always thoroughly cook your human before ingesting. :superlaugh:

Luke Scott and Oscar Leigh like this.