What is the synopsis of the stories people are writing?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by drifter265, Mar 17, 2015.

1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

My two novels are a mix of social commentary: generation gap, sexism, racism, class divide, marketing & ideology's affect on one's reality, and political corruption told in a sci-fi world on another planet. It takes two books to get that all in.o_O

2. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I have one urban fantasy about a girl-turned-golem who has to get to the creator before she dies.

And I have one YA fantasy about a commoner-turned-queen who finds herself in a power struggle between the gods. :)

3. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Meh. I made a short film (30 minutes) and wrote a feature film treatment about a guy shooting a video diary of a hike and gets his foot stuck and has to cut it off. He fails when he drops his knife due to the pain and ends up dying. I have an IMDB credit for it, about 4 years BEFORE 127 hours went into production. It kind of killed my concept dead when the movie came out though. Now people consider the idea a ripoff, even though I based it on a different experience.

4. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

Isaac Asimov's Les Misérables? Haha.

5. tonguetied

tonguetied Contributor Contributor

Working title: "The Future of Our Past"
    Plot: Miniature robots launched from Earth go back in time to earlier Earth, mistakes happen and robots destroy civilization. Remaining scientists analyze and use mini-robots to recreate technology with end goal to insure that events happen again since they personally benefitted.

Christopher Snape. likes this.
  6. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

Mine is kind of a character study. My main character is hiding a lot of secrets and its about him trying to come to terms with his past and what hes done and why he is the way he is.

7. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Well you asked for it, so here are mine for all 4 novels of The Master Swordsman Chronicles. (Note: book 4 hasnt been written yet, but i do have it planned out, hence why i could write it.

Order Of The Black (Book one in The Master Swordsman Chronicles)
    In a world where Dwarves, Elves and Humans live side by side, betrayal is rife and the smallest crime can lead to your exile. The world watches as wars rage, one country tears itself apart and another gets destroyed in its totality. Order Of The Black follows the story of the travelling Master Swordsman Isake Dresden as he joins joins the Order of the Black; the keepers of justice in the Kingdom of Azamanda, and recounts his exploits as his is promoted to the post of second in command. Can Isake deal with the pressure of such a lofty position weighing down on his shoulders?

Will Isake succeed in these new challenges or meet an untimely demise by his own hand?

Breaking All Illusions (Book 2 of The Master Swordsman Chronicles)
    After the events that occurred in Order Of The Black, Isake Dresden finds himself in a completely new and different environment, one which he finds himself suddenly in a position of power, and the wielder of a weapon that could destroy everything that he has worked to become. Will he be able to wield this power and harness its full potential or will it destroy his life to the point of no return?

In this second part of The Master Swordsman Chronicles Isake realises that he has more power than he can ever imagine and realises that those he has surrounded himself with are the ones that are the key to his success. Will he be able to learn fast and upkeep an entire country or will it all fall to ashes?

An Unseen Empire. (Book 3 of The Master Swordsman Chronicles.)
    With the appointment of Captain Commander and his return to Gebo, Isake tries to resume his life where he left off before going to Hdreath, a country he swore he would never return to. in this action packed third volume to The Master Swordsman Chronicles, he has some surprising revelations, makes new allegiances and fights with himself to regain control of both his mind and the life that he had once left.

Surprising revelations follow Isake as he finds out about his bloodline, and many of the secrets that it begins to hold, ever increasing the pressure upon him to do right by everyone that he has come across. Not only has he got his own life to contend with, but new influences and old problems raise their heads and allow Isake a clear understanding of who he is.

Days Turn From Blue To Grey (Book 4 of The Master Swordsman Chronicles)
    Two years after the events of the previous book, one of the problems that has been baffling Isake still remains. mysterious messages in a once used language appear with a creature so unbelievably foul that it takes everything for Isake not to up his life and resume his travellers past. He finds the cause of these problems to see that there is much more to it than first meets the eye. His fatherland threatens his very existence, as does some of his own personal achievements, he needs to decide what he needs to do, while running two countries, and trying to be a diplomat to a third. running a crazy schedule that soon makes him decide between himself and everyone he knows and cares about.

This instalment of The Master Swordsman Chronicles is the most fiery to date, having put all known allegiances at their most strenuous. can they be resolved or will something have to give?

8. Lance Schukies

Lance Schukies Active Member

Dean relocates to a third world country to establish an international IT services company. He becomes aware, all too soon, that corruption is the social disease that runs through every level of this society. The breakdown of a longterm relationship and his own uncontrolled desires lead him into a polygamous relationship with four women. These relationships eventually become bound together by affection and mutual convenience. The four women live under the same roof with him. Dean faces many of the trials associated with establishing a business in a foreign country. He appoints and trains staff. Unknown to Dean, he is being stalked; his every activity and transaction is being observed and recorded. A couple of new staff members accept bribes, betraying their employer. Things begin to unravel. False charges are eventually laid against him, leading to incarceration. His assets are unlawfully seized and the plug pulled on his new enterprise.

Christopher Snape. likes this.
  9. Adenosine Triphosphate

Adenosine Triphosphate Member Contributor

Methylphenidate: A short story collection about a fictional town called Telford.

Threshold: An eighteen-year-old male who is mostly but not entirely heterosexual is imprisoned in a room in his house by his mother for getting into a relationship with another man of the same age.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  10. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

A newly hired hotel manager is selected to run 'errands' for his pristine boss.