1. Hawkeye87

Hawkeye87 New Member

BookBaby + Ingram Spark Combo?

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by Hawkeye87, Sep 15, 2017.

Hey everyone!

I've finished my first manuscript. It's going through the editing process now, and I thought it was about time I started looking at publishing and distribution options. I already know 100% for sure I will be self-publishing, as for my fantasy series I want full creative control.

Looking around, I really like BookBaby for eReader distribution. I'll be in the four major markets I want (Kindle, iBooks, Nook, Kobo), and, since I have both the software and know-how to format my book for publishing, I pay nothing up front. I keep over 80% of the profits, they get paid just on the remainder based on how many copies sell. Magnificent.

I do want paper and hardbacks available via PoD and I'm strongly considering Ingram Spark. I know for a fact I can use them while using BookBaby to print copies for myself, friends and family, and the few people who meet me and want to buy it from me directly (unless this book explodes, I know the idea of strong print sells is highly unlikely). But, I would like them to be able to sell print copies directly to outlets through their channels, including online stores like Amazon.

When you use Ingram Spark for eBook distribution (which I'm not), they will not sell your book there if you have had it on the Kindle Store from you or another distributor within the past 12 months. However, I couldn't find a clear answer on whether or not having BookBaby sell the eBook will affect the print distribution on Amazon.

Anyone have any experience with this? Maybe have tried this combo? Any feedback on the two outlets I'm looking at?

Thanks!