1. naruzeldamaster

naruzeldamaster Senior Member

Looking for a particular artifact/world wonder name.

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by naruzeldamaster, Dec 3, 2022.

So I'm making a regional variant of a pokemon in my fanfic, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the statue I'm basing it on.

The only thing I know about it is that it's a circular statue (like a coin) that has a dope looking face on it.
    The myth behind it is that you put your hand in it's mouth (which is open, and typically just big enough to put your hand in) and make a wish, if you're a good person it'll grant said wish, and if you're an 'evil' person it'll bite your hand.

I know for a fact that this thing is a furniture piece in one of the animal crossing games but I can't recall the name of the statue itself.

2. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Using some Google-fu I found this:

Mouth of Truth (Bocca Della Verita)

naruzeldamaster likes this.
  3. naruzeldamaster

naruzeldamaster Senior Member

Yeah I knew it was something like that but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of the statue itself, so I was struggling to find a visual reference. Thanks for the help. ^+^

There's also a neat little detail.
    Bocca Della Verita is from italy.
    And my pokemon region is inspired by Italy (I mean it's a bunch of floating islands in the sky, but still culturally itally in every possible way)
    I just need to figure out what to base the evolved form on.

It's perfect to have a regional variant of a pokemon be inspired by the region it's based on.