what made you chose your AVATAR picture and name?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Nov 16, 2011.

1. popsprocket

popsprocket Member

popsprocket - nothing meaningful behind it. I was looking up sprockets one day for a project while making a popping noise with my lips. Hence popsprocket.

The avatar is something I made to go with the name. I have used the combination of the two everywhere on the internet for about five years now.

2. Rafiki

Rafiki Active Member

Because Simon is a sexy bitch

3. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

It's an old picture of me when I was 19 and I had just been awarded my colors. That picture and shots of my bike were taken in front of the Humanities Building on the UW Madison campus around 1970.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/TheTourist_bucket/img009-1.jpg

4. neuropsychopharm

neuropsychopharm Active Member

My name is neuropsychpharm because it's my passion outside of writing. I want to figure out why addiction happens in the brain, and will be heading back to graduate school eventually to do so.

My avatar is a symbol of my old school and favorite team. My profile pic is me.

5. radnommandess

radnommandess New Member

My uer name is an anagram of random madness but as one word. The reason is random madness sums up my life, the stuff I say and what I write.

The avatar just one of my favourite random pictures that came up in my facebook newsfeed.

6. Keiti Ryoko

Keiti Ryoko New Member

My username is my name quite literally translated into Japanese. The last name is actually missing an end letter that I dropped in translation because it made it long and awkward. As for my avatar I love Kingdom Hearts and Namine, the girl in the photo, is one of my favorite characters. My profile picture is a random one that I found on the internet and decided it would work.

7. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I originally stole my username from my father. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but since then (and many years have passed since then) I've been using it so much that it feels like "me" nowadays (at times I'm even called Komposten by friends in school, but only as a tease).

Regarding the avatar, I'm still looking for a good one.

8. niallohagan

niallohagan New Member

My user name is my name

9. cazann34

cazann34 Active Member

My avatar is a Scottish wild cat. Not surprising since I'm from Scotland. Its such a majestic beast. Definitely a cat with attitude.

My Id name is just a nickname for Carol Ann. And the 34 is just a number it means nothing.

10. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

My name is my long-standing internet handle, and the pic, which isn't really an avatar, is inspired by the user name. I didn't really want a pic of myself, and wanted to make sure I didn't run into any kind of copyright issues, so I just used a photo I had on my phone that I had taken the last time I had been in the World's Greatest City. I should probably take a photo on a sunnier day next time I'm there. The photo I have is from Thanksgiving time, so the weather wasn't the greatest, photography-wise.