1. AspiringNovelist

AspiringNovelist Senior Member

Any gamers?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by AspiringNovelist, Sep 3, 2015.

I have an idea for a game that I'll program in unreal engine 4.

Wanted to get some feedback from any gamers on the board for my research and storyboarding.

What's the best horror/apocalyptic game you've played and why did that game stick with you?

Also, has anyone played The Last of Us?

Thanks.

2. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Fallout 3. The immersion, the scale, the designs, and the open game play are all winners.

And I really liked F.E.A.R. - mainly the first half. The sound design and atmosphere of the levels really draws you in and creates genuine chills, because there are few targets so you're constantly on edge... until it becomes just another shoot 'em up.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    I Am Vague likes this.
  3. AspiringNovelist

Thank you Selbbin, am aware of F.E.A.R. Not so much on Fallout 3. Did you play Last of Us?

4. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

No, not yet. Looks good though.

Here's a trailer for fallout 3. It's an epic game. Absolutely epic. Post-apocalyptic open terrain first person shooter/ role-playing game.

5. Rekkie

Rekkie Banned

Yeah man, I play PC games for a living (no seriously..) if you want someone to critique or throw some opinions then I'm more than happy to do this. We're also happy to review it.

6. AspiringNovelist

Did you play Last of Us? If so, what was your take?

7. Rekkie

Rekkie Banned

Sadly I haven't played The Last of Us. But I've played Seven Days to Die and watched a friend play Fallout, as he enjoyed hogging the control pad. So I can't really give you any information on the experience regarding TLoU.

Zombi - another survival game - had some excellent features. Like when your character dies for example, you'd spawn as a new and your old character would smash the door down (with all your old equipment) and it was a fight to kill yourself - not yourself, but yourself.. - now that's a little bit of spice that created a more intense game, but it is a one shot wonder. Totally worth it, mind!

8. Hamish246

Hamish246 New Member

Hi, I have played The Last of Us and it was amazing.
    Another good one is the Resistance Series, alien invaders coming and taking over the planet. Standard fps controls but a great story line and interesting weapons.

9. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

I've played The Last of Us. Just finished Survivor+ on Friday, in fact. It was probably the best game I've ever played. A very emotional and thought provoking story.

As for other horror/ post-apocalyptic games, Dead Space comes to mind. It did a very good job of setting up a suspenseful atmosphere.