1. Flying Geese

Flying Geese Senior Member

Had an idea to create an online compendium for my novel

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Flying Geese, Nov 24, 2015.

Either a compendium or a Wikia. I thought it'd be cool because then readers could finish the book and then delve deeper into the lore of the universe. It'd also make information easy to share with all the links and what not. I, for one, love to read a book or watch a show and then look up everything there is to know about the world I experienced.

To me this increases a title's replay/re-read value. What do you think?

(My genre is fantasy so I feel that a world with a rich history is essential)

2. Moth

Moth Active Member

Priority one is finish the book. It's easy to get lost in a world you create, and expand it constantly while adding nothing constructive to the story itself. Once you're finished with the book, knock yourself out. Just be wary of that line where world-building goes from being productive to outright procrastination.

Flying Geese likes this.
  3. Flying Geese

Flying Geese Senior Member

That's true. I've actually been practically finished for months now, sitting on the manuscript. About two more run-throughs and I'd be done, but I've been working on it so long that writing the actual book feels like a burden now.