1. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

What sort of weapons would these groups use?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Flashfire07, Oct 28, 2014.

I'm writing about a team of government agents who investigate strange events. When something is deamed to be too dangerous to contain or reason with they send in a an extermination team. Only issue I'm having is that I'm not sure about what weapons the field team and extermination team would use.

My current loadout for the field team is an FN-57 handgun, 20 round capacity and the bullets are pretty good against both amoured and unarmoured targets. Maybe the P90 if they're expecting trouble. Any thoguht son this? Are there better options?

The extermination team so far... well I'm having a lot of trouble there. My firs thoguht was that they'd have some sort of heavy machine gun with a flamethrower bolted onto it and wear a modified EOD suit. But that just seems like it'd get int he way and they'd run out of ammo really really fast... so what the heck should I equip these guys with?

2. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

That depends on what you plan on having them fight. Firefighters fight with water and tennis player fight with racquets. You should determine what constitutes "strange" and equip them as necessary to deal with those things rather than just naming some random weapons.

Okon likes this.
  3. mg357

mg357 Active Member

I few suggestions for the two teams, armored vehicles with a turret that has a Browning .50 Caliber machine attached on the top of the it.

mount the Flamethrower on the front of the vehicle in the same fashion that a tank has its cannon.

but instead of the cannon put the flamethrower in that spot.

As far as protection for the team put them in similar gear that the special forces use in Combat Kevlar tactical vests and Kevlar helmets.

there personal handguns could be a large caliber handgun like a Glock 21 which is in .45 caliber.

Long guns rifles like an M16 assault rifle.

or a shotgun like a Remington 870 Pump action shotgun.

4. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

This sounds like a cowboy outfit to me, are you writing a comedy?

I'd equip the extermination team with battlefield nuclear weapons. That should get rid of pretty much anything.

5. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

No not writing a comedy. I'm writing horror/sci-fi. Both teams are ground based and meant to be relatively low key, so nukes are out of the question here :p There has to be a better option that machinegun flamethrower!

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

As it seems a team like this doesn't exist irl so you can't directly refer to an existing unit's arsenal, I'd do what @Nilfiry suggested and consider the threats they're facing. Add to that what other qualities they might need from their weapons (easily portable, amount of ammo, accuracy, close-range weapons or perhaps sniper rifles?), how much money they can spend, and what's available. What are they fighting against? Aliens? Werewolves? Humans in bullet-resistant armor? If you can detail these, we might be able to suggest specific weapons.

7. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

What about a 40 mm grenade launcher? Something that can be carried and fired by an individual that would provide and added dimension to individual firepower.