1. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

Film school for morons

Discussion in 'Word games' started by stormcat, Jan 4, 2014.

This is a game I like to play with my siblings. Basically, you start out with a potential movie title, then someone comes up with a brief description of the movie (A paragraph or so at the most) and the next title. The person after that makes the description for the new movie, a new title, and the game goes until people get bored or find something else to do.

Example:

Given Title: Dark Waters

Plot: Zombie pirates terrorize the crew of a nuclear submarine, can the brave captain get the crew to safety?

New Title: Born on a Tuesday

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Born on a Tuesday: A formerly well-respected obstetrician lost his career for drinking on the job. 15 years of under-employment later, he commits suicide, and his son and daughter go on a homicidal rampage against everybody that he'd delivered the day he lost everything.

Next: The Jungles of Winter

3. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

The Jungles of Winter: A post-apocalyptic everlasting winter settled on the jungles of Africa. Here, a documentary is being filmed on the migration of polar bears that turns bloody.

Next: A Day with Mr. Holland

4. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

A Day With Mr. Holland Mr. Holland is clinically depressed. So bad that each of the previous psychiatrists he's worked with have been unable to help him. But miracle worker Shelby Stubbens is confidents she can help him in just one day.

Next: Loyal Canine

5. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Loyal Canine: Feel-good movie from the 90s concerning a boy who finds a Labrador on a cold winter's night outside his home. An incredibly close bond forms between them, but three years later the boy gets lost in a forest, and once the police prove to be of little help, the loyal canine steps in to find his good friend.

Next: Velvet

6. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

Velvet: A woman chooses to pose as prostitute in order to take revenge on a mafia gang member for killing her husband. Things turn complicated when she finds herself witness to a human trafficking chain. In her attempt to expose the illegal activities, she loses herself in drugs and deception with no choice but to help the man she wanted to kill in the first place.

Next: Seven Rivers

7. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

Seven Rivers: Elizabeth Seven Rivers Johnson is a young Sioux woman whose tribe has been promised oodles of money if they allow a fuel company to hydrofrack on their land. Though she is in the minority in both her tribe and local community, Seven Rivers will rise to international acclaim as she sets out to protect her home and way of life from the dangers of fracking.

Next: Under the Linden

8. A.M.P.

Unter den Linden: An independent German film set in the late 1940s after the defeat of Hitler. Two young childhood friends come into adulthood and deal with love, manhood, and sex in a world filled with butting ideologies and philosophies.

Next: Bodies

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Bodies: Eight medical students operate on cadavers by day, and study each other's anatomy by night. Rated R.

Next: Free Fall

10. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

Free Fall: A skydiving instructor falls in love with a man who is afraid of heights.

Next: Time of the Year

11. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

Time of the Year :

12. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

Time of the Year: During the Christmas season, a woman falls in love with a doctor who works internationally. Before the end of the year, she must decide whether to follow and live with him in different countries or end their relationship.

Ivory Meadow:

13. A.M.P.

Ivory Meadow: A young woman from Brittani is invited by her step-father to Africa on his ivory hunting trip where he makes his yearly fortune. There, she meets a young hunter who teaches her about Africa, the pain of killing animals, and love.

Next: Never Say Sorry

14. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Damn you, @A.M.P. - I was going to write something for 'Ivory Meadow' first. Well, I'm going to do it anyway, and the one you've given. :p

Ivory Meadow:
    Drama starring Meryl Streep and Hugh Jackman. A woman (Streep) falls in love with a younger man (Jackman) days before he goes off to the Great War. As she is lying in a sunny meadow, her sister gives her a telegram, stating that Jackman is M.I.A. The film deals with her coping of the news, with most scenes taking place in that sunny meadow, so bright she nicknames it 'Ivory Meadow'.

Never Say Sorry: Cheap TV movie dealing with an adventurous scientist who seeks revenge after his colleague is killed by a vicious jungle tribe.

Next: I'll Deal With You Later

15. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

I'll Deal With You Later: Along the lines of the "____ Movie" movies, this film attempts to spoof all things film noir. Unfortunately it's pure awfulness and at least three people in the audience commit suicide at the premiere.

Next: Mandy Knows

16. A.M.P.

Mandy Knows: Susan called Betsy, Besty called Mandy, Mandy ran out the house. Julie called Susan, Susan called Mandy, Mandy ran back in her house. However, Mandy was no longer alone...

Next: Give me a Break, Phil Rogers

17. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

That reminds of Pathology.. pretty much exactly the plot.

18. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

Give me a break Phil Rodgers Phil Rodgers is the head honcho of a major american film company. Susie Johnson just wants a break.

Next: Won't you come home Bill Bailey

19. A.M.P.

Won't you Come Home Bill Bailey: A story of a young man who ran away from a loving home that wouldn't permit him to grow up. When his mother ails on her death bed, he goes on a journey of self-discovery through the fields of Europe where he finds the answers he had always looked for.

Next: Dingo

20. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Dingo: A legal thriller based on the true story of a mother who was framed for murder by the tabloids after a dingo killed her daughter.

Vow of Silence

21. IncompleteSenten

IncompleteSenten New Member

Vow of Silence: Love is in the air when a monk and a mime meet. Can their relationship survive given that neither one can speak?

There Be Whales Here

22. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

There be Whales here: A shipwrecked sailor adrift in the vast ocean comes to accept a pod of whales as his only companions, and eventually, his family.

Next: Peperdini and the Magic Trumpet

23. Niecy

Niecy New Member

Peperdini and the Magic Trumpet

The once great magician Peperdini finds himself overspent, alcoholic, and utterly debauched in Las Vegas when a much younger acolyte creates a comic musical act for Peperdini to stumble through each night, giving him second chances at fame, love, and sanity.

Only the Cat

24. Liam Johnson

Liam Johnson New Member

Only the Cat: Driven by paranoia, after a psychic predicts the murder of crime syndicate kingpin Tio Marguluza within the next 9 days at the hands of one of his own, he pits all the members of his crew against each other, where one will die every day until the assassin steps forward.

Celestial Flame 4: Echoes of Ques'aluci

25. stormcat

stormcat Active Member

Celestial Flame 4: Echoes of Ques'aluci Is the completely unnecessary sequel to Celestial Flame 3: the Halls Of Thraxos, Celestial Flame 2: War of the Galaxy, and of course, Celestial Flame. In this installation, The Shirtless warrior Kran'dek must continue his quest to fight man with his head in a cardboard box Emperor Gratnaduk and free the low-budget galaxy! The total budget has been upped from six dollars to seven!

Next: The Dusty Shoes

Liam Johnson likes this.