1. TheDarkWriter

TheDarkWriter Active Member

Ideal Vehicle For Traveling

Discussion in 'Research' started by TheDarkWriter, Oct 11, 2016.

My MC he travels a lot he's like Sam and Dean from Supernatural and I'm looking for vehicle that is best suited for traveling and carrying weapons. I feel like a motor home would be ideal sense it's large and eliminates the need for using motels. However I don't think a Motor Home would be very fast but is the best option realistically for someone who lives on the road. Is there a better option or is a motor home the best bet?

2. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

That depends on a lot of things, mainly where he's going and what he's hauling. Motor homes are big, get lousy gas mileage, and stand out a lot. They can't park anywhere, you have to find places to hook up water and power if you want to make full use of the "home" aspects of it, and they're likely to roll over if he gets in a car chase or accident. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just saying you should weigh all of that before deciding.

Personally, I would recommend a sport utility vehicle or even a sedan, hatchback, or station wagon. He can put the seats down and sleep in the back of it, if necessary. A locking trunk means the police need a warrant to search for any weapons allegedly in the trunk and they're concealed from view. It's not as visually 'obvious' as a mobile home and can handle itself better in a chase or offroad scenario. Not as comfy as a mobile home, but maybe that gives him the opportunity to sleep/shower/rest at other people's homes and meet interesting characters or set up plotlines.

Also, mobile homes tend to be more expensive. Not just the purchase price, but insurance, maintenance, and fuel. What's his financial situation?

3. TheWriteWitch

TheWriteWitch Active Member

I like the option of a pickup truck (all-terrain, great in a chase) with a trailer. Stashing the trailer outside of town or parallel-parked in some back street gives you two solid settings for your character.

4. WNP

WNP Member

What's the characters personality like? What sort of weapons does he have to carry?
    I've started watching supernatural recently (love it!), would a car like theirs with a secret compartment in the boot work?

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I am going to say rip the seats out of this thing, and you got space and style (Also the option to utilize auto turrets out the sides). :supergrin:
    (It is a Lincoln Navigator Concept Car).
    1-Lincoln-Navigator-Concept-932x699.jpg

6. PilotMobius

PilotMobius Active Member

[​IMG]
    (credit : Aaron Beck)

I suppose a modded vehicle would work.

7. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Conversion van?

8. SardonicWriter

SardonicWriter Member

Dude. Have you not heard of the Porsche (por-shu) Carrera 911 Turbo, 2017 model.

It's very quick. And it's got close to 600 horsepower. So it makes for a swift getaway!

Neat!