Tags:
  1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Dressing Up/Fancy Clothes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Dec 2, 2011.

what's the most extravagant/eccentric/unusual you have ever dressed up as and what was the occasion?

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Well, I dressed up as Elijah once for a Sunday School play when I was about 7. I wore the usual long, white robe, red vest thing, and purple rope used as a belt.

I still remember the itchy white hair-beard combo I had to wear. Needless to say, the hair covered most of my vision and I spent the entire thing wondering how the frick Elijah could see anything with that hair...

3. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

Ummm considering a Suit and tie (well more often bow tie for me) is pretty normal for me. I think most dressed up would be wearing a tux to a banquet on a few occasions. I did cross-dress onetime to annoy a teacher. I did also in university put on some girls bra and a snuggie and run around the dorm looking for the bra’s owner with some friends.

4. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I dress eccentrically / unusually on a regular basis. I wear faux-fur leg warmers, pony beads made into 3D bracelets / necklaces / masks, extravagant makeup, little tiaras or butterfly wings that I can find on sale in the children's toy stores. My guy, who has a thing for electronics and gadgets, and I are working on manufacturing a gas mask that will light up the dance floor. His is already made. --I go to a lot of parties. ;)

When I was three, my grandmother took my cousin and I to a Glamour studio for glamour shots. :p We were all wearing nicely fitted sparkly dresses and had matching feather boas. The makeup artist applied so much makeup to my three-year old face and the hair stylist curled my hair in a way that it's never looked like again... and then they took photos. The photos turned out surprisingly well (and whenever new people stop by my parents' house, they do a double take when they see one of those photos on the back table in the living room. "Who is that? She looks like your daughter... sort of?" Yup, that's me... Seventeen years ago. People used to always joke that as an adult I would transform into the girl in the photo. I didn't though. :p

5. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Haha....I am not sure who Elijah is yet..will find out..it sounds like a lot of fun:p

6. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Haha...did the teacher get annoyed?
    I would have loved it...it does not happen very often..I reckon more guys should do it more often..:p
    The bra story is a scream..hahe did you manage to find the match to the bra?

7. Cacian

Cacian Banned

sounds like a lot fun dressing up for parties...why gas masks?
    aren't they uncomfortable?

8. Link the Writer

He's that prophet dude from the Bible who railed on some not-so-nice queen for choosing to worship statues of cows instead of God. I'm sure I spelled the poor guy's name wrong.

Gas masks? Dear lord, that sounds uncomfortable.

9. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

I did lots of dressing up when I did Performing Arts... always interesting.

Some of my favourites? 60s biker girl (leather et al); crazy gypsy fortune teller; I played the Evil Queen in Snow White... I also once played a (male)
    doctor and borrowed my dad's stethoscope and other fun stuff.

10. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.
    I once dressed up as a banana for a football game. I also got tackled by a guy in a gorilla suit. I then proceeded to get thrown down 7 rows of seats and broke my arm. Well at least we won :p

11. Cacian

Cacian Banned

That couldn'thave been fun, 7 rows down must have hurt.:eek:
    What is it like wearing a banana? Temperature wise and comfort I mean.

12. Link the Writer

I just remembered. I once dressed up as the easter bunny for a picnic. I sat in a chair and adults put children in my lap to take pictures. This was a "Junior Civitan" project back in high school and they elected for me to be the bunny. The school? A local school for the deaf and blind, where some of us used to attend as children.

It was...fun, but half of the time I worried about having a heat stroke because it was spring time, the temperature outside was 80 degres and the temperature inside the mask felt even hotter. My deaf friend poked fun at me by rubbing a cold bottle of water against his face. I remember shaking my fist at him and spelling out "this is torture, idiot!" to him. We were both joking, though.

I got my vengeance by having HIM be the bunny for the rest of the picnic. xD

Other memories of the bunny suit:
    1) A little girl was terrified of me, whimpering, "It's looking at meeee..." My thoughts: "I know the feeling, kid. I used to be scared of that Chucky E. Cheese guy when I was your age. Then I managed to swallow my fear, march up to him and had him shake my hand. Aah, the memories..."

Knowing that I, too, was once afraid of large human-like animals, I just ignored her. I wouldn't have liked it if Chuckie Cheese focused his attention on me, so I didn't do it to the girl.

2) They put a boy on my laps twice for pictures. The first time, he felt along my face screen. The second time, I think he fell asleep on me. My thoughts on those two occassions:

When he felt the face-screen.
    "Good God, his fingers are long! I wonder if he's going to try to rip the face-screen off?"

My thoughts when he almost fell asleep on me:
    "Kid, I'm about to pass out so I really don't want you falling asleep on me. I don't think it'd be good for anyone if they had to pull my unconsious, over-heated ass out of the suit..."

I know it sounds like I didn't enjoy it, but I did.

13. blandmanblind

blandmanblind Member

At a wedding, the groomsmen were required to wear white tie: the top hat, the tail-coat, the white bow tie, waistcoat, and shirt, with the patent leather shoes. Now, I like wearing suits, but this thing was suffocating. I was the only one that kept mine completely fastened through the reception. For the rental price, I really couldn't justify otherwise.

Marriage lasted six months, which was a predictable let down. At least there are a lot of pictures, and I looked great in all of them.

14. Cacian

Cacian Banned

sorry to hear about the wedding but they do say we have to try certain things (not all) once.
    I understand it can be horrible having to wear something that is not comfortable.
    It can't be nice.

15. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

First time ever she has had a male student dress up like a female to present something by a female. It was a hilarious presentation in my mind, but did not help my already downward spiral of a relationship with her.
    As for the bra story we never found the girl, but we did get lots of numbers. 

16. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Haha...amasing what you can do with one bra..imagine you had two! :p