What would you say in this particular scenario?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MatrixGravity, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Nothing annoys them more than being ignored, I suspect! You're so right, Cogito.

2. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

I'd just post a link to my site and say "I have one!"

3. Alan Lincoln

Alan Lincoln Active Member

Ignore the Troll.

Why flap gums with a werido who probably walks around a public park somewhere with a bag of s**t but no dog? They are Trolls, creatures quieter than mice when not shielded behind a computer screen but when they are they're tough enough to pimp slap Superman.

Continue asking your questions if you feel the need to mate but expect the annoying flies to come buzzing around sometimes too.

4. Michael O

Michael O Member

Writing and communicating with all sorts is a requirement in the real world. There are often times where simply walking away and ignoring the "trollish behavior" are not options and that's a fact.

The advice to ignore this behavior is support by, "It will annoy them. Trolls do not deserve attention." Audi practically went out of business in the USA because of one irate customer who was ignored and had that customer been treated differently who knows. Family of loved one who die in hospitals can often become irate, businesses know happy customers tell 3 or 4 people while the dissatisfied ones will tell dozens and the list goes on.

Granted, here the anonymity provides a buffer and ignoring the ridicule is good advice. But on the other hand, when a question asked for help how to deal with with something truly petty in context and I got a sense the question came from a young person, thought there was an opportunity to help beyond just saying, "Ignore it kid, they'll go away." Why not write and enjoy? A great place to practice.

So why not encourage someone to write, this is a writing site and comic books are often read before novels.

5. Haliburton

Haliburton New Member

I totally agree with those who said, "Don't respond" but remind yourself by saying it to yourself a few times, "THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS. I hope that helps you not to be discouraged by such as that person who was very rude to you.
    Haliburton