1. labelab

labelab Member

What's inspiration to you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by labelab, May 16, 2019.

I absolutely loathe how Sainsbury's Basics this question is, but, other than that...

I noticed recently that Inspiration, to me, is one of the strongest emotions I've ever felt. Especially as someone who spends so much time cooped up inside studying and all, she gives me this incomparable excitement nothing else can.

For me, Inspiration is this massive, gaping hole inside of me, like, as Rebecca Bunch would say "glitter exploding inside of me". She's somehow the most wonderful and horrible thing in the world simultaneously. She's hopeless and desperate and exciting and happy and everything all at once.

Anyone else get this?

What does she do to you? Do you immediately go and write or spend more time thinking up another universe in your mind?

Am I okay? Should I chill out? I'll stop now.

2. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

To me inspiration is not emotion or feeling. It is intellectual or emotional element that starts some creative process.

Difference? Sadness is emotion or feeling. Sad thing is a thing, not emotion, not feeling.

Best kind of inspiration is from real life, real world, real things.

Books, movies, articles, social media... can give it more taste, but I like to get the main core from real life.

And the main core of most stories is motivation meeting obstacles.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Lifeline likes this.
  3. Alex R. Encomienda

Alex R. Encomienda Contributor Contributor

Inspiration is something that makes me want to explore things. If I'm inspired to write, it's mostly because I saw something or read something that caught my attention and I'd like to explore that idea or sentiment in different ways. It could be a quote, a certain perspective, a belief, an idea or paradox that could easily be true or false depending on how you look at it.. Lately, I've been drained. Hopefully, I can birth some kind of tale soon.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    It is that odd thing that sparks the imagination, sometimes seemingly from out
    of absolutely nowhere, yet is strikes and compels you to expand upon it in some
    fashion or form.

[​IMG]

love to read likes this.