Tags:
  1. Zerotonin

Zerotonin Serotonin machine broke

Your Favorite OC?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zerotonin, Jun 12, 2018.

I'm sure this thread has already been done, but I wasn't able to find it, so I figured I'd ask that all-important question: Who's your favorite original character? I, of course, mean one made by yourself. In a sense, every character is an OC if you're vague enough!

Personally, my favorite OC is a character called Rayna I created for a fantasy novel called We Are Monsters. Within the novel, there is a small percentage of the population that has powers. Rayna is the main antagonist in this story (kind of), as well as the love interest of our protagonist (it's complicated!). Her power is the ability to copy other people's powers and improve upon them, making her instantly better at whatever power someone has than they themselves are. However, she cannot improve from the original point that she gets to, which allows our protagonist to eventually outgrow and overpower her.

It also helps that the only reason she's doing all of these terrible things is because an evil god latched onto her soul at birth and tortures her internally until she does what he says.

So I ask you, who's your favorite?

zoupskim likes this.
  2. BlitzGirl

BlitzGirl Contributor Contributor

Oooh, that is a good (and tough) question! All of my OCs feel like my metaphorical children, so it's hard to choose!

But if I had to choose, however, I would pick one of the main villains of a graphic novel I tried to make in high school. Her name is Akujo, and her husband was the other villain. They are both demons but used to be demi-gods that were banished from the Heavenly Realm for committing many crimes. Akujo is the more intellectual and scheming of the two, not letting anger drive her like it does her husband. One could say that she is the true string-puller. I just have always loved her character design, finding her fun to draw. Villains are also very fun for me to develop. But this story will never see the light of day because comics take forever to make, and the story is not appropriate for a written novel (as in, I imagined it as a graphic novel and the storytelling is meant to be in that vein).

I have many other favorites, of course, but I can't make a decision...