What's your tribe?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by aberdeen, May 29, 2014.

1. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Who do I want to read me? As many people as possible. Who do I want to entertain? As many people as possible. But I'd never sacrifice quality or honesty for popularity. I may aim to have both, but I'll accept one other the other.

2. pirate1802

pirate1802 Member

I guess people who like a certain amount of moral ambiguity in their stories would like my (not yet written!) works. Where 'heroes' do selfish things and 'villains' have some admirable traits, where bad guys are bad because bad things were done to them. etc., if you get my drift. And also a lot of conspiracies and back stabbings going on, somewhere in the background.
    Also I like to write horror, but not the sort that overloads you with tonnes of blood and gore, or werewolves dancing around, but gently creeps up your spine until it is sitting in your head, next to you. :D

3. Youssef Salameh

Youssef Salameh Senior Member

Hi and regards. It's important to write in a spontaneous way. Organize one's thoughts, and make them clear; as much as he/she can. We are all human beings, and understand what is humane and logical.
    Many good writers can write many types of literature; Science fiction, horror, general fiction, etc..
    And they write what they prefer, and what they are good at. we should follow their steps and sayings. ex: the great writer Poe, the great Bronte sisters, and many others.
    Therefore, of course any new writer seeks to be applauded, but it depends on the quality of theme of his writings.
    Furthermore, people around the globe share common interests in terms of music, writing, sports, etc...
    weather they accepted or not. And they shall meet in certain way sooner or later.
    And believe me pure hearted people come together and the opposite is true.