When are you as most inspired to write (time, location and atmosphere)?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Komposten, Jan 8, 2013.

1. horsewriter

horsewriter New Member

At the most inopportune moments! lol Like Michael Collins mentioned right as I'm going to sleep the ideas pop up!

2. PenTrotter

PenTrotter New Member

My mind always seems to start flowing better around 7:00 PM, and then on is usually when I'll write, but I usually prefer 9:00, when the house is a bit calmer. I love to sit up in my bed, my laptop open for quick reference, and just let my pen dance across the paper. And also if im in the woods/forest, ideas just start running through my head.

3. supportivemember

supportivemember Banned

I write on and off all day, where much of what I write is in reply to that which is addressed to me now, though obviously the time of day tends to alter my output and focus. For example late morning has me very objective focused and quick, whereas late at night I'm more subjective relaxed and slow.

4. cazann34

cazann34 Active Member

When I've just woke up, usually between 6am to 7am. My mind is so clear at this time of the morning, I lie there and let it rattle on until it all comes together in my head then I leap up grab my laptop and work feverishly for a hour or so, sometimes all day.

I work sitting on the floor on a large cushion with my laptop on a breakfast tray or I sit with it on my lap. I work better in silence but sometimes I play an audio book sometimes it works well if I'm stuck on a word, I stop typing and hear the narrator say the exact work I need.