When to call it quits?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Adam Bolander, Nov 24, 2020.

1. pyroglyphian

pyroglyphian Word Painter

Sorry to read of this, Adam, but you've done a good job of interacting with people on this thread — I wouldn't have known you find it challenging if you hadn’t have mentioned it — and marketing elsewhere online isn't greatly different.

Our penchant for heuristics means that price can be a powerful form of communication about the value of what’s on offer; lowering the price of a product can actually reduce demand for it, so I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much in this regard. The world is drowning in free content. As of 2015 I think, we produce more content online every 24hours than the entirety of what was produced in the preceding 2000 years. Dunno how such statistics are concocted, but regardless: persistence is key.

somemorningrain likes this.
  2. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I never tried to get published so not exactly the same situation, but your brain will decide this on its own. I simply fell out of love with the whole writing process and stopping wasn't even a decision I had to make. It just happened. In a very ironic way it was very liberating. I don't have to beat myself up any more and there's no longer any pressure to even try writing.