1. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Where do you like to write outside the home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by deadrats, Sep 29, 2016.

I'm looking to venture out into the world a little more than I have been lately. Where can I take my laptop and write for a few hours a few times a week? I know the usual places would be a library or coffee shop. Maybe a bar even. Where do you like to write outside the home? What makes a place a good place to write for you? I used to go to the Starbucks near me, but too often all the seats are taken. I don't need quiet, just a change of scenery. What's worked for you?

2. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Parks can be nice as long as there aren't many people around and enough shade to actually see your screen (weather permitting). Unfortunately I have a gaming laptop that's a bit heavy to lug around much, but that's my go-to.

3. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

There is this bookshop/restaurant/bar/coffee shop in my city that is really a nice place to go and write. Sometimes I long for time to myself to go there but kids prevent me from having much time to do things like that. When I do go to write somewhere, I stay away from the busy times. It's usually midmorning or midafternoon that I go to that bookstore.

As long as the place serves coffee and/or has somewhere to sit, I would go. I've written in diners between classes, public transportation, my backyard, campus coffee shop. If I'm really into what I'm writing, I'll catch any spare moment I can find where ever I can find it.