Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Bug Report [Solved] Spell checker deleting words

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by SlayerC79, Jan 28, 2021.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm the only one suffering with this, but here goes:

When I'm writing a post on this site, on my phone, and I type words wrongly (which is a frequent hazard for me, I'm afraid), and my phone autocorrects it, sometimes the word completely vanishes.

So frustrating, as I frequently have to retype words as well as being super vigilant.

Is this just happening to me?

It's definitely not my phone, as I don't have this problem anywhere else.

2. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Don't think this is a site problem. I have not noticed that there is a spell checker on this site when I'm on my mobile.

3. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Thanks for the input. :)

The spell checker is on the phone. In any other site, the spell checker autocorrects it without any hassle, but for some reason, in this place it has a habit of deleting the word!

Either it's the site or my phone has the most judgemental spell checker in the world. :p

(It actually just did it again!)

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Usually you can set your spellchecker to either autocorrect or underline. Seems weird it would autocorrect on only one site (and ironic that it would be a writing site, so it's sabotaging you!) try googling your particular phone model plus spellcheck and see if you can find info on how to switch off autocorrect.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

the site doesn't have any built in spell checker... this is a browser or phone issue

6. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Will do and it's so frustrating!!

7. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

No. Definitely the phone spell checker.

The ironic thing that it's "Grammarly". I might have to uninstall it and see if the regular android spell checked behaves.

8. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Ok.

Update. It would that the application "Grammarly" (Android) doesn't like this site.

I've switched to the standard keyboard and the deletion of words issue appears to be gone. *knock on wood*

This issue should be flagged up.

9. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

so the issue is with gramarly... that needs to be flagged up to them

10. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

If a current/future member of this forum just happens to have Grammarily installed, and it deletes their words, I think if would be nice to inform them that this particular brand of board conflicts with the software.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2021
  11. big soft moose

yes but as i said this is an issue entirely for grrammarly... i strongly doubt that xen foro conflicts with grammarly given the number of users , its more likely that your download of grammarly has a bug in it.... but either way the issue is for Grammarly to resolve

(ETA I checked and XF say on their forum that some installations of grammarly don't play nicely with the XF text editor... however the word is that this is an issue with Grammarly not with Xen Foro)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.