1. AJ Winters

AJ Winters New Member

Where should this take place?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by AJ Winters, Dec 8, 2011.

Background - The Volunteers

A group of people with mental/physical ailments and disabilities volunteer to be undergo a medical test to cure them (secret - not to be known by public). It goes wrong and their symptoms are reversed (brittle bone > super strength, paraplegia > teleportation, etc). Group wants revenge (backstory for why). Woman who created test is killed off (by unknown). Woman survived by husband and daughter. Group goes after father and daughter (believe they have/have the knowledge of the antidote for the test). One of the Volunteers is good guy and breaks away from the others to the father and daughter. Blah, blah, blah, 'we have to find the antidote before they do' yadda, yadda, etc.

Now, where I'm stuck is when the father, daughter and good Volunteer finally run into the bad guys (or rather, the bad guys catch up with them and capture them) and a sort of interrogation ensues - sort of like the 'tell me where it is or I'll shoot this person' scene. Originally, this took place in an old gymnasium, but I never really liked that setting. I want something different, you know, not the usual places where these sorts of things would happen. Also, it would have to be somewhere in New York, and so that no one (the public) would find them. Gosh, I make things difficult, don't I?

So, if anyone has any suggestions for a better setting, please feel free to suggest them. :)

Thanks,
    AJ

2. Cade Johnson

Cade Johnson New Member

What about somewhere in the subway tunnels? I'm sure there are tons of abandoned places down there.

3. Cade Johnson

Cade Johnson New Member

Or, ironically, it could be in an abandoned and boarded up nursing home (perhaps in a bad part of town). That may come off too humorous, though. I'm not sure what the feel of your story is, so I leave that to you.

4. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

NYS or NYC?
    what about the kingsboro Armory in the bronx?

5. djdavis

djdavis New Member

What about on a small boat just off the coast? You meant New York city right?

6. YoungCreature

YoungCreature New Member

In the library, with the candlestick. And, why the hell not, throw Mr. Plum in there.

Or, I like CJ's idea of an old nursing home.

7. blandmanblind

blandmanblind Member

New York Aquarium at Coney Island. After hours it should be pretty much deserted except for the night watchmen, who should be easily subdued. They have sharks and electric eels. If one of the villains was especially hammy that could be used in the torture scene.

8. AJ Winters

AJ Winters New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! :)

I've been doing some fishing around, and I found this place called 'King's Park Psychiatric Center' - I read that it closed in 1996, soooo..... I could write that one of the main bad guys was admitted there, creating the link for the scene to take place there... right? What do you think?

9. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

I think it's your story and in the end you have to decide what is right for it and what is not.