1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Fan Fiction Section

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by lordofhats, Apr 5, 2008.

Has that always been there? If it hasn't and was recently added NICE :D. I know alot more people who write fan fiction than people who write their own stuff. Its cool to see a board for it up.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It was just added yesterday. As you say, a lot of people write fan fiction, and as long as it doesn't infringe on the original writers' intellectual property, it should have a place here as well.

Plenty of other sites exist for fan fiction for particular fictional universes. However, they are generally focused primarily on the world and the characters. This, on the other hand, is a writing site. We won't generally be able to help much with how true the story is to the mythos, but we can help the writer work on the quality of the writing itself.

The tricky part is making certain that intellectual property is not infringed upon. Characters and locations can be trademarked, and authors can restrict their use. We have to ask that authors of fan fiction respect the authors' wishes in this regard, and that they exercise reasonable diligence to ensure that the creators of the universe they are writing about don't restrict the use of their creation.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Yes as Cogito stated it was added yesterday after I spoke with Daniel he agreed with me and has added the fan fiction forum for those of you who love to write in a set universe.

~Raven.
    Senior Super Moderator.

4. Hulk

Hulk Banned

One word: COOL!!!

5. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

I think it's a good addition. :)

6. Raven

Raven Banned

As do I my friend.

~Raven.
    Senior Super Moderator.

7. Edward

Edward Active Member

I can foresee only torment and pain.

But then again I'm a horrible cynic who thinks that Fanfiction is... well, let's say I have enough respect to not say how much respect i have for it...

So yeah. Cynic.