1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Where's the @ at?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Wreybies, Jul 21, 2009.

On my iPod on-screen keyboard, the @ has it's own independant button, and when entering in web address, it even
    gives me an individual button for the .com suffix of most (yes, I know, not all, but most) websites.

Surprising that the standard keyboard from the old Undwood still holds sway on the keyboards of laptops and desktops everywhere regardless of brand or operating system.

Given that the QWERTY keyboard survives even though it was actually created to slow typists down because the early machines would jam, do you think we will ever see a keyboard more in keeping with the use of computers and the capacity of the users?

[​IMG]

2. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

You could always switch to Dvorak.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

But even the Dvorak keyboard layouts were designed for typing on paper, not for use with computers....

[​IMG]

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

We'll probably keep them just cause it would be a pain to relearn where all the buttons are XD. I would think though that with the developement of touch pads, it would be possible that some day we'd create keyboards that are basically a giant touch pad, with the ability to move buttons and commands around and use them as we wish. That would be cool XD.