Which WF member would you select to take the Ring to Mordor and cast it into Mount Doom?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Patra Felino, Apr 18, 2014.

1. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

And you'd both be shirtless and the afternoon sun would have your muscular bodies all sweaty and glistening while your long hair would flutter in the wind like a war flag. Yup, I can totally see that happenin'.

minstrel and Wreybies like this.
  2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Hahaha you mean Wreybies would get sunburn on his bald head. :p

Wreybies likes this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

*runs off to write slashy fan fiction* :p

Helz yeah! If Kili (a.k.a Hotty McGorgeous vamp from Being Human UK) can turn the head of Tauriel (smokin' hot ginger Silvan Elf) then I am totally in the game. ;)

My bachelor years motto: I may not be the cutest boy in the club, but I will be leaving with him. ;)

minstrel and T.Trian like this.
  4. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

I pictured him with a 1980s David Coverdale hairdo.

5. Lewdog

Close!

[​IMG]

T.Trian likes this.
  6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Sting, or James Taylor. If I want to disgust them, I'll play some Justin Bieber (assuming I could stomach it, myself). But they'd probably just laugh. If I want them to run screaming, I'd play some Bee Gees - my falsetto is excruciating (what there is of it).

Or I'd play some Van Morrison and Gordon Lightfoot and have the orcs all holding their lighters in the air, the occasional tear staining their repulsive faces ...

7. Wreybies

If the idea is to defeat Sauron and Mordor with music, then take me with you, @minstrel. I have many talents. Singing is not one of them. ;)

minstrel likes this.
  8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Lemex. He's got that air of authority and honor in him. He would definitely go. I could easily see him in the armor as he marches up the mountainside, the ring kept safe in a pouch attached to his belt. Sir Lemex the Brave. Nice ring to it. :)

Cogito and Mamamia are my second choice. Together, they would pick the least likely spot the Orcs would find them, would have made sure to not accept any suspicious little thieves with a reputation for backstabbing, and make it look easy.

So, I'm not quite so sure! :D

Lemex likes this.
  9. minstrel

He's not a bad choice, but he has a professorial bent and would wind up explaining ancient epic poetry to the orcs rather than having at them with swords and stuff. ;)

Lemex likes this.
  10. minstrel

But...she's a ceramic owl. I can't say for sure how much of a problem that might be, but it seems like it might be pretty serious. :p

T.Trian likes this.
  11. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

"First Orc to get this poetry wrong will be forced to carry the ring up that mountain. Ready? Go!"

Lemex likes this.
  12. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Knowing Lemex I think he would sell the ring on eBay and spend the money on books and booze.

Lemex and minstrel like this.
  13. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Well I'm glad to see that my name was in the running. It is a big responsibility, and a heavy burden... I don't know if I could do it, though. I try my best to be good, kind, and loving, but I haven't always been the most pure or selfless person... or the strongest. Like many of us, there's been inner turmoil, moments of darkness too. Still, good seems to have prevailed...

Maybe I could... I'm fairly determined and disciplined when I have a mission. I have no real combat training though, I'm a rookie, as has been point out, but a quick learner and in good shape...

Still, I would trust it two @T.Trian if @KaTrian can go with him to ease the burden and support him... @GingerCoffee is another good candidate, as she's fairly level-headed and very persuasive. I think @Wreybies and @minstrel would make another good team because they always seem to be so controlled and can even eachother out.

@Lewdog and @Garball ... no not my choices... I feel like one of them would turn into Gollum and the other would wind up like Smeagol's forgotten friend... or else they may make a mess of things like Merry and Pippin. ;)

Another good name, I haven't seen mentioned is @Duchess-Yukine-Suoh. She's young and seems pretty tough and resilient, especially if she has a friend like Samwise for support. She also knows archery, and she's smart. Besides it was a woman who took out Sauron's henchmen, maybe a woman is who we need to carry the ring? In that Case, we could Send @KaTrian all on her own. :D

(tags galore! ha ha)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Lemex, KaTrian, T.Trian and 2 others like this.
  14. minstrel

I think we could send @KaTrian by herself, because she's a slim young woman who won't attract much evil attention, but she has serious fighting skills! The orcs will definitely underestimate her!

Besides, we all know that @T.Trian would follow her closely - you couldn't stop him - and leap into the fray to save her if things get bad. He'd redefine the term "death metal" if an orc lays a finger on her...

:p

KaTrian, T.Trian and Andrae Smith like this.
  15. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

I would pick @Andrae Smith, because as mentioned, he'd be able to do all the running when I can't. ;) @Wreybies and @Lewdog would be cool too - just to chat. :D

Andrae Smith likes this.
  16. Wreybies

IKR? Did you see him in that track photo he briefly had up as his avatar? Olympic! :)

Andrae Smith and Thomas Kitchen like this.
  17. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Not ceramic, I believe that is a blown glass Christmas ornament.

18. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Have you not seen The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? The eagles didn't fly them all the way to Lonely Mountain. Owls would be much the same. ;)

Andrae Smith likes this.
  19. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Thank you! :)

The most popular options are probably who I would pick too, but I would definitely tag along if nothing else! Also, @Lemex? He's pretty smart and knows a lot of languages and has the whole wolf-thing going for him!

If I came along, I would help with my archery skills and cooking and buying stuff using the power of deals,and being a paladin because paladins are cool. I could also help entertain with random stories about my life. Also, I wouldn't really be interested in the ring if you people remember to pack my favorite books and buy me the new ones I want.

T.Trian and Andrae Smith like this.
  20. Andrae Smith

As a matter of fact, I second this. I totally trust either of them. I just think they would make a great team. (Teams make sense to me.) Shall we christen a Fellowship of the ring? Who will go? I'm down for it, even with the danger of orcs and other monsters. If my avatar says anything I've rediscovered the beast within.

@Thomas Kitchen and @Wreybies , thanks for the positive feedback. I would sure love the chance to take on the mission, though I'll need to up my workouts to "Quest" level. I'd probably make a better warrior/protector than "ring bearer" ha ha.

I think Duchess has a point. Lemex would be great, I think. BTW, @Duchess-Yukine-Suoh, I don't think there will be much time to read. We'd have to move pretty quickly. :p

21. Andrae Smith

Good point. Those birds only go so far...

22. Lewdog

That doesn't make any sense, an eagle flies right up to the mountain to save them.

23. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

I could read in the evening or while walking. There seems to be a lot of walking.

24. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I believe it was only after the ring was destroyed. Presumably the eagles could not fly to Mordor until then. Otherwise it's an incredible flaw, why didn't they just fly there in the first place. :p

Upon further reflection I believe @minstrel, @Andrae Smith, and @Duchess-Yukine-Suoh would be the least corruptible ring bearers if resisting evil were the key skill. Me on the other hand... not so much. :)

25. Andrae Smith

If you can read, walk, and be completely aware of everything, I tip my hat to you, mademoiselle. ;)

I agree with this. I have to think the eagles couldn't be of much use while Sauron was alive, otherwise, it's the biggest critical flaw ever... or just Gangalf's character flaw for not calling them. Maybe it would have been too obvious because the eagles would have been seen from a long way's off... Still, they probably could have gotten much closer...

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh likes this.