White Darkness (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Mura, no problem :cool: lol

I will post again shortly!

2. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I'm off to bed guys, it's late here in foggy London town. Have fun!

1 person likes this.
  3. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Read the posts. I am going to hold off from posting until tomorrow, I think.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

oh boy -Phoenix i will warn you that Hawk is exceedingly unpredictable and more like an animal in nature than anything (hint about animal). Don't corner her or you will get bitten. :D

5. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Alright, I posted as Zetsumei again. Still haven't had her approach a character, I think we have enough of them in the part with Hawk and them. Hm...where is Lynch, though, I wonder? Hmm...

6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Name: Kathryn (Kat) Short

Ice Name: Minx

Sex: Female

Appearance: Kat stands at 5'10 with a muscular build. Her sleek black hair falls to her hips, but she usually has it it in several thick braids weaved with long feathers that surround her tan-skinned face. Her quicksilver eyes shine with years of pain. She wears a cotton jacket underneath a leather one, topped off with a cloak of wolf fur. Tight animal skin leggings accentuate her curves and boots lined with tufts of more fur finish her look. One wool glove can also be seen when not in her pocket. Kat only has one hand, but she makes up for that weakness with speed.

(Yay, I'm excited to join in! :))

7. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Ohhoo hooo. This character is interesting. very interesting. one hand, a seeming interest in hunting down and killing men...yes, fun.

8. JessWrite

Haha...thanks! I'm looking forward to some more interesting interactions. :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Fan7asticMrFox

I have unleashed my evil muhahahaha - I want to clarify a few things before you post any reaction (if you want to react of course).

Firstly, anyone in or near the city will have heard the horn. It's up to you whether you know what the horn means. If you are by the big frozen ship then I leave it in the discretion of the first poster from that group to whether you heard the horn or not.

Secondly, these things have been hinted to in my last couple of posts. If you are going to include them in your next posts that's fine, but you are not allowed to describe their appearance in any way. I feel that will add some very cool suspense to the next few posts; perhaps one is near you, but you're hiding so you can't see it etc... Eventually I will describe one of them, and they wont be pretty.

Finally, these things are meant to be scary. I mean super scary. If that didn't come across in my post thats fine, I tried. But if you guys are going to write them in then I want you to try and do the same. Please don't just casually beat one up, and have your character superior. Because that's not what this is about. Your character needs to fear these things, and be the major underdog if it ever has to encounter one (if one of these things saw your character, 9 times out of 10 your character would die. And if you character survived, its likely the thing had friends).

It's not a rant, it's just how I want the next part to go :) I will very much enjoy your intense posts!

10. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Oh, good, well that tells me what I am going to post. I was torn between trying to help your guy and ending up being somewhere else entirely. But my dilemma is solved! And the answer is....NEITHER! Good, good, yesssss...Time to post.

11. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

No story is complete without a child.
    In many cases a child is the perfect example of innocence;
    alas that innocence is short lived when that child finally experiences reality's true nature.

Ice Name: Sheri

Sex: Female

Appearance: This lanky twelve-year-old is slightly underweight, weighing only 90lbs, while standing five feet tall. A large black satchel hangs on her waist and contains all of her basic necessities: canned food, a water canteen,a tiny hand pistol, and extra clothes. A long sleeve dress covered on the inside with wool. The light sky blue color blends well in the snow. Silver buttons run down the dress and underneath are worn leggings and an undershirt. A long white knitted scarf covers her neck and mouth, neatly tucked into her long, thick lavender feathered cloak which has a few stitches sown in. Her attire is topped off with white gloves and warm black boots to trudge in the snow. Wavy light blonde hair runs down her shoulders, parted on the side, and complimented by her mesmerizing light blue eyes and pale snow-white complexion.

( ditto jesswrite :p )

12. Fan7asticMrFox

Hey guys, going to be quite busy for a couple of days so won't get to post. However you guys can! I know this RPG has dipped a little considering other new games, but I'd love to keep this one going if possible. Lets have some dramatic and interesting posts!

13. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Hey guys I feel awful not posting yet, but unfortunately I haven't had the time, and certain events have kept me away from writing. I will post soon, in the next few days, to help liven up this RP.

Words Of Encouragement

Oh and does anybody want to suggest some ideas? Like plots? Maybe have characters be in groups, bump into each other? Safe in numbers. Throw out ideas. BRAINSTORM. :D

Not knowing other character details really makes role-playing with other characters challenging. Take up the challenge!

14. Keitsumah

I think of Hawk as ending up as some kind of assistant/pet to anyone who trusts her enough. she actually had several hiding spots that can prove very advantageous (if fox allows coudl she have a "den" with furs that she stays in?)

15. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

I love your Hawk character btw. Very unique. Your writing is complimented with her character style. It is sometimes hard to portray and put the right description when dealing with a cave-woman/wild-girl type character. The only thing that would really make writing her character a better read is writing Hawks' conscious thoughts in the moment (just my suggestion/opinion).

16. JessWrite

I will try to get a post up soon too. Kat is never alone for long, so it's typical that she will group with someone eventually. Although she prefers teaming with a man, it'd be way more interesting to see how she'd deal with the younger girls...:D

17. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Consider it done >:O Wala! (May take a few posts to get there I want to show her personality in a couple before she crosses someone's path)
    Don't regret requesting this lateerrr. :p
    Mwhaha.

18. JessWrite

Looking forward to getting to know more of your character!

And I wanna join in the mwhahahaha! :p

19. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Yay mwaha buddy :-D
    Lovely Lass's Babblings

I love playing child characters.

I like to have a wide range of ages in a role-play so it doesn't break down to the similar age undeniable boy x girl ---->"oh lets make them romantically involved" role-play scenario matching game around every corner <-----Instead, I like to turn the focus specifically on character development. I've seen way to many boy x girl scenarios in role-playing and published books it makes me want to puke. Don't get me wrong, a slight attraction/romance between characters is nice and as long as it contributes to in depth character development, but when it's the main section of the writing, it makes me so annoyed.

That's another reason why I LOVE this role-play/idea/theme there are so many character varieties!

Back to child characters: A world is not complete without children. So I make it my duty to make sure no one is left behind.

(Heading offline. I have to do some important chores that I've been putting off. My procrastination is getting to me. I should stop writing while I'm ahead. I'm actually in a writing mood write....<_<....right now which is so inconvenient because I can't write right now. >_<)

20. Fan7asticMrFox

@Keits - you can have a fur area if you want, just obviously dont make it too large or ridiculous! Again, its up to your discretion.

Also, I am pleased to see some interest in this game, I had a feeling it had been swept under the rug considering alot of new games had joined the scene at the same time. Last I remember I had unleashed some nasties and were hoping you guys would write them into your posts without actually seeing them (or however you want to do it). I was just trying to build suspense, and add a bit of fear into your writing. Its challenging but if you pull it off it will no doubt make for fantastic reading!

If you want to keep the suspense and not know about them or the plot, don't read on.

You could probably guess what they are, but if you really want to know what they are though then please open the spoiler below:

Basically they are human cannibals, who over the last 30 years have become more enraged and demented after each generation (most likely through incest). They wear the skins of anything they kill to keep themselves warm (so polar bears, arctic foxes/wolves, penguins, etc... humans).

If you want to know info about a small bit of plot then look here:

The cannibals are led by an unknown leader, called Hannibal (so 'Hannibal's Cannibals'). There are many of them, and they occupy the two large skyscrapers in Crane for their living area. That is the only place they occupy, and it means that the streets are fairly safe from them when they are not walking it. But if you see one, then know that there will be more; they hunt in 'swarms'.

What I want to happen next is for these cannibals to start hunting everyone, and hopefully that would force people to team up, however unlikely the combination is, because its a matter of life and death.

21. Keitsumah

oh dear -i think i just realized Hawk may have some sort of affinity for kids....lol expect some odd reactions. Hawk may be a cannibal but she really is more scavenger than anything -its the animals she fights.

and Love -i agree with you wholeheartedly it is so hard to go away from the computer when you are in the zone! (writing mood zone whatever -it is a physical pain for me to leave when my chars take precedent!)

and happy day!!! i just had someone tell em on critique circle they could not put my book down!!!

Edit:

Ack! Fan7 i promise i had utterly no clue about your baddies but i looked and nearly fell over when i saw what they were. (not giving away anything so its safe to read) dude!!! Hawk -she- *faints from shock*

you know what i mean right? It's scary!!!

Erik!!!! help i was phychic again!!!!

22. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Trying to determine whether to look at the baddies spoiler..>_< I'm a sucker when it comes to spoilers...ahhh. But I shall not look. I will not look. Then again...I might. And I forgot why I was posting a quick reply. XD- Fail.

23. Fan7asticMrFox

I know that they are a tease now that I have posted spoilers up. However I only put them up to help you guys think of some ideas of where to go next with your characters. It's up to you if you look! :D

24. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Sorry I haven't posted in a while :redface: But I'm back now!

25. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Well in that case I shall look. ^^

Oh and for the visual people out there, including myself, if you want a glimpse of what Sheri looks like google the movie Hanna and Saorise Ronan; she is her celeb look-a-like. She looks similar to Saorise Ronan except a little thinner in the face. You can also look up the movie Atonement and you'll get a better facial visual.