Tags:
  1. Jack Lannister

Jack Lannister New Member

Come on Jack, you can do this. You just have to say "hi"...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jack Lannister, Jan 9, 2016.

Errrrrm... Hi...

My name is Jack, I'm from the UK and I'm currently 27.

My hobbies are mostly gaming, books and watching animations, not necessarily in that order since children stop me from doing most of them

I've been trying for a while (nearly 2 years) to get started, or finish getting stated, on a fictional story I came up with during a dream, and hope to continue.

It's been nice talking (typing) and I hope to get to meet and speak with you all.

Best regards
    Jack
    (soon to be best writer of all time!!! ... maybe)

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Hello, hello! Welcome to the forums. :D

I'm into gaming and books myself. What sort of games do you like to play? I'm into RPG/open world games myself.

What sort of story are you working on?

3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Hi, Jack! Welcome.

I like gaming, too, but I get motion-sick if it's a pure first-person-shooter type situation. I can usually handle Mass Effect as long as the on-planet parts don't go for too long, but anything more intense than that and I'm sick for hours.

Possibly that was more information than you needed at this time...

4. Jack Lannister

Jack Lannister New Member

hello to both of you.

Game wise i'm pretty much into anything with a decent story line, if it doesn't have a good story and the game play is shot it isn't much of a game.
    and that must be horrible BayView, how would you be able to cope with AC IV: Black Flag?

and to answer your question on the book i'm trying to start Link, lets just say fantasy but not for the weak of heart.

5. BayView

I've never actually tried any Assassin's Creed because based on what I've seen, I'd be green after the first five minutes.

It does suck, but there are some good games with more strategy, less first-person action.

Jack Lannister likes this.
  6. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Hey Jack,

I like games too! My favorite of all time is Railroad Tycoon! Ok, so it may be a tad on the old side, but man I can waste days of my life away with that thing. Unfortunately, it only works on windows XP...

As far as writing, its about setting down the time, and ALWAYS keeping a pen and paper next to the bed. I've written down interesting dreams that materialized into great stories, as well as mathematical research ideas (work) and even designs of some funky space ships.

The mind is an odd thing.

Welcome to the forum,
    AB

7. BayView

I love Railroad Tycoon! I can't play it anymore b/c of OS issues, but... fond memories, for sure.

8. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Its why I still have windows XP on two of my computers lol....and there's of course the crack of computer games. Civilization 4...yeah. Ive played that game for days straight. Its best with friends, in the hotseat mode, with plenty of alcohol!